PDA

View Full Version : dial-up reconnect bad till reboot

JonnyC
27-07-2003, 17:50
I have the 0800 dial-up. When I reconnect after disconnection by NTL the connection is made but no data is transferred. The bytes received and sent remain at around 200 bytes for the next 2 hours. I cannot get a good connection unless I reboot my PC, then all is back to normal again. Am I the only one in the world with this problem.
I have an auto reconnect programme which works great (Basta Computing - Rascal) but it just reconnects all night long to a 'dead end'.
I've looked through the forums and it seems that everyone except me gets a good connection when reconnected.
Any Ideas?

Lord Nikon
27-07-2003, 18:23
looks like a failure of the TCP/IP layer... which version of windows are you running?

alan.ralskey
27-07-2003, 18:39
I would be tempted to say that it is a problem with your reconnect programme TBH as I have had dial up and when I hit reconnect it did it fine.

MikeyB
28-07-2003, 00:01
I used to get that from time to time, but usually just disconnecting & reconnecting would cure it. Sometimes would have to re-boot.
Never did find out why it would do it

timewarrior2001
28-07-2003, 18:25
I've seen this problem too. Although in a slightly different kind of way.
Mate of mine sometimes couldnt connect, at all, not been connected to be disconnected and the same thing happened.
Sometimes he found if he tried to access email it worked for a little while, but couldnt browse the web. So sending and receiving emails for £10 month really irked him. NTL tech support couldnt help, I couldnt help.
We formatted windows, we updated windows, we checked drivers, hardware, nothing could sort it out.
We even went as far as checking all the telephone cables, and making sure no phones were connected on the line.

Never seen this trouble, except with onboard modems though.

marcsparks2002
28-07-2003, 18:27
i had a similar thing when on dial up and it was low system resources that was the main problem ,mite be worth checking ....atb marc