PDA

View Full Version : does anyone know.........

kronas
27-07-2003, 02:24
ok this is an unsual request but does anyone know if there are any places that do stick on tattoos fake ones that wash off obviously but do custom designs to your spec if you provide a design ?

any help would be appreciated :)

imback
27-07-2003, 08:02
Do you think they could do a good Avril one then mate? :p :D

Mark W
27-07-2003, 10:23
if you want a custom non permenant tattoo, why not get a henna one? it'll probably cost as much as a custome wash off one, only last 3 months or so rather than 3 days ;)

Taf
27-07-2003, 13:35
There is paper made for inkjets that does just that. You make whatever you want.

kronas
27-07-2003, 15:02
Originally posted by imback
Do you think they could do a good Avril one then mate? :p :D

me thinks they could depending on how professional the company is

Originally posted by Mark W
if you want a custom non permenant tattoo, why not get a henna one? it'll probably cost as much as a custome wash off one, only last 3 months or so rather than 3 days ;)

nah i would rather have something less perm then that

Originally posted by Taf
There is paper made for inkjets that does just that. You make whatever you want.

i thought they used a special ink also i dont have a printer

Originally posted by Shabba
Why do people find tatoos attractive?

I've have two on both my forearms (an eagle and a name of an ex i haven't seen for 17 years!)

Skin is cool! Keep it that way ;)

i would never get a real one as i dont see the point but id just like to try some to see how it is but NEVER would i get a proper one
:nono:

imback
27-07-2003, 15:07
Originally posted by Shabba
Why do people find tatoos attractive?

It's all down to personal preference I guess, some people like tattoos, some people like earings, some people like sprouts etc etc.

I like tattoos, have 3 myself but thought about what I wanted before I had them done so don't regret them.

ntlrebel
27-07-2003, 15:20
Got 3 myself too. Large Celtic symbol acrros my shoulders and down my back in the shape of a V. Then one on each arm. The customary tribal band from my younger days and on the other arm another celtic symbol.

Thought long and hard about designs I wanted. Worked closely with the tattooist to design them exactly how I wanted.

Don't regrett any of them. All can be hidden when wearing a t-shirt so even when I get old and wrinkly I can cover them up.:D :D

Lord Nikon
27-07-2003, 15:26
Originally posted by imback
It's all down to personal preference I guess, some people like tattoos, some people like earings, some people like sprouts etc etc.

I like tattoos, have 3 myself but thought about what I wanted before I had them done so don't regret them.

To be honest I NEVER considered sprouts as a body mod....

kink? you got any comments? lol

imback
27-07-2003, 15:39
Originally posted by Lord Nikon

Didn't say they were, I was making a point about personal preferance, although if you search the net I'm sure you will find something about sprouts and bodies :p :D

kronas
27-07-2003, 16:31
to get back ontopic i guess no one knows :shrug:

kink
27-07-2003, 16:31
Originally posted by Lord Nikon

kink? you got any comments? lol

That's amazing lol I was actually going to write the same comment at you :eek: But i suppose they could be fashioned into jewellery.... nice earrings, necklace or bracelet? :erm:

:D

I'm actually going to get a tattoo.... nothing huge or in your face..... it's something i've always wanted and for many reasons i've decided that it is what i want. Kronas is right to go along the transfer route.... he doesn't actually want one permanently but if he had wanted one it could help him to make his decision.... getting a tattoo or anything similar requires a lot of thought, especially concerning the future, what you'll end up with in the present and hygiene/health issues.... boring i know but essential.
The henna option was something i considered when i was younger but i know a lot of it fades to orange.... and that i didn't want :(
Kronas... you could try a reputable tattoo artist.... i know one that prepares the design with you and draws it on the skin to see what it looks like etc.... there is much preparation involved... so you may be able to get it done like that instead..... say that you want to live with it for a while before having it done permanently, even if that isn't what you're doing :) The one i know would only respect you for forward planning.... they meet with people for weeks before doing the final tattoo to finalise the design and also refuse to mark the skin on places such as the face or the hands unless you've already got tattoos there. A moral professional code if you like :)

Oh and Nikki..... not been thinking about sprouts..... but large marrows have been on my mind for the past two days.... just can't work out why :confused: :shrug:

:p ;)

kronas
27-07-2003, 16:33
im a bit uneasy at going to my local tattoo shop not the friendliest of places :erm:

homealone
27-07-2003, 16:52
this place

http://www.body-art.co.uk/intro.htm

does temporary tattoos, but custom design is minimum order 1000!!

this place does the tattoo paper if you know anyone with a printer

http://www.railwayshop.com/tattoo.shtml

quite expensive, but you can fit several on a sheet.

hth:)

kronas
27-07-2003, 16:56
Originally posted by homealone
this place

http://www.body-art.co.uk/intro.htm

does temporary tattoos, but custom design is minimum order 1000!!

this place does the tattoo paper if you know anyone with a printer

http://www.railwayshop.com/tattoo.shtml

quite expensive, but you can fit several on a sheet.

hth:)

thanks for the links but 1000 !!! :eek:

Stuart
27-07-2003, 19:10
Originally posted by kink

Oh and Nikki..... not been thinking about sprouts..... but large marrows have been on my mind for the past two days.... just can't work out why :confused: :shrug:

:p ;)

You mention Marrows, and I am listening to Danni Minogue.. Any possible link?.. LOL

Kronas, what image are you thinking of having tatooed?

kronas
27-07-2003, 20:31
Originally posted by scastle

Kronas, what image are you thinking of having tatooed?

who do you think ?

do you even have to ask ? :p ;)

Stuart
27-07-2003, 20:36
Nothing to do with you avatar then???

:rofl:

kronas
27-07-2003, 20:38
Originally posted by scastle
Nothing to do with you avatar then???

LOL

nope nothing related to that ;)

kink
27-07-2003, 21:03
Originally posted by kronas
thanks for the links but 1000 !!! :eek:

Are you saying that she's not worth £1000?? ? :eek:

Kronas..... what can i say? :p

kronas
27-07-2003, 21:05
Are you saying that she's not worth £1000?? ? :eek:

Kronas..... what can i say? :p

lol of course i would do anything for her but well this is not for her as in personally her if you know what i mean :p :D

kink
27-07-2003, 21:11
lol of course i would do anything for her but well this is not for her as in personally her if you know what i mean :p :D

In actual fact, kronas.... it would be for you.... and that should be more important :)

kronas
27-07-2003, 21:12
In actual fact, kronas.... it would be for you.... and that should be more important :)

sorry im used to thinking about others first me second its in my nature :eek: :shrug:

people who i care about that is :)

homealone
27-07-2003, 21:14

I'm actually going to get a tattoo.... nothing huge or in your face..... it's something i've always wanted and for many reasons i've decided that it is what i want. Kronas is right to go along the transfer route.... he doesn't actually want one permanently but if he had wanted one it could help him to make his decision.... getting a tattoo or anything similar requires a lot of thought, especially concerning the future, what you'll end up with in the present and hygiene/health issues.... boring i know but essential.
The henna option was something i considered when i was younger but i know a lot of it fades to orange.... and that i didn't want :(
<snip>

well someone has to ask....

where on your body where you thinking of having it done?

- it might affect the opinion on "in your face"?;)

- and I'm sure I've seen reports of dermatitis from henna "tatoos"?

Gaz:)

kronas
27-07-2003, 21:15
me a bit dozey today but why are you having one kink ?

you seem as fine as you are no need to 'damage' your body i assume its a perm one ?

kink
27-07-2003, 21:16
sorry im used to thinking about others first me second its in my nature :eek: :shrug:

people who i care about that is :)

Well in this case...... she's not likely to find out you put yourself first..... so i say, you come first....

But if you were a gentleman you'd let the lady come first regardless .... :naughty: :p

kronas
27-07-2003, 21:18
Well in this case...... she's not likely to find out you put yourself first..... so i say, you come first....

very true kink............

But if you were a gentleman you'd let the lady come first regardless .... :naughty: :p

lol :D :D :D :D

kink
27-07-2003, 21:42
Let me see....

1/Gaz..... if it's not in your face it means that it can't be seen by people on an everyday basis... and whoever does get to see it.... would be someone who likes me very very much, so i don't think my having a tattoo would be a great issue for them :p
Also it's not going to be a skull and crossbones or a neo-nazi logo.... it's not going to be a rose or kitten either ;)
Its something personal to me.... if a person doesn't like it.. then so be it. If they judge me by a mark on my body.... then i should never have allowed them to get close enough to see it :(
But i would have learnt a valuable lesson :)

2/Kronas....I don't see it as damaging my body.... many cultures use it as an enhancement or as a distinguishing feature.... i'm using it as neither though.
As far as damaging my body.... i smoke.... bad enough i think... probably the worst thing i do. Complain about that.
I have moles on my body that are ugly and having had a weight problem for years... have stretch marks and cellulite.... all considered ugly.... I have my ears pierced which some people find unnecessary, but i like them. One of the piercings got slighty ripped on my travels years ago.... and now i have a little hole on my left ear which is extra to the new piercing i had done later. I was told by a chemist when i went for my new piercing that she wouldn't do a new one and that i should see my doctor to have the hole stitched up because it was ugly..... :erm:
I didn't.... i think i'll decide what is ugly or not :)
Don't worry about it kronas.... you'll never have to see it, so you can sleep happily :p

kronas
27-07-2003, 21:46

2/Kronas....I don't see it as damaging my body.... many cultures use it as an enhancement or as a distinguishing feature.... i'm using it as neither though.
As far as damaging my body.... i smoke.... bad enough i think... probably the worst thing i do. Complain about that.
I have moles on my body that are ugly and having had a weight problem for years... have stretch marks and cellulite.... all considered ugly.... I have my ears pierced which some people find unnecessary, but i like them. One of the piercings got slighty ripped on my travels years ago.... and now i have a little hole on my left ear which is extra to the new piercing i had done later. I was told by a chemist when i went for my new piercing that she wouldn't do a new one and that i should see my doctor to have the hole stitched up because it was ugly..... :erm:
I didn't.... i think i'll decide what is ugly or not :)
Don't worry about it kronas.... you'll never have to see it, so you can sleep happily :p

i have weight problems i have strech marks dont put yourself down just be confident in yourself dont think about what others say remember trust and think about NO 1 YOU!! :)

*hugs kink :)

homealone
27-07-2003, 22:09
Let me see....

1/Gaz..... if it's not in your face it means that it can't be seen by people on an everyday basis... and whoever does get to see it.... would be someone who likes me very very much, so i don't think my having a tattoo would be a great issue for them :p
Also it's not going to be a skull and crossbones or a neo-nazi logo.... it's not going to be a rose or kitten either ;)
Its something personal to me.... if a person doesn't like it.. then so be it. If they judge me by a mark on my body.... then i should never have allowed them to get close enough to see it :(
But i would have learnt a valuable lesson :)

ok i went for a joke, but I see you mean it! As an online friend I won't see the result, but I hope you are happy with it :)

Gaz

Lord Nikon
27-07-2003, 22:13
kink is it gonna be on the base of your spine saying "please turn over and pass me a drink?" :D

Tricky
27-07-2003, 22:18
Folks can we keep the thread on track, if you want to "Chat" please use the appropriate link:http://www.nthellworld.co.uk/chat/

Thanks all...

Taf
02-08-2003, 12:49
www.choicestationary.com sells packs of 5 A4 sheets of Tattoojet paper for £5.39.

How big an Avril tattoo do you want?

Tazfan
08-08-2003, 14:51
I always swore i would never have ant tattoos. I had my fiest ine last August, the second one a coupld of weeks later, and I am booking an appointment for my third one today.

Its a bug I guess, and Ive got it. I doubt very much I will have anymore, and the ones I have are not very large (well, one is PRETTY large) and are on my upper arms so not visible at all when dressed.

duncant403
08-08-2003, 15:27
Originally posted by Tazfan
I always swore i would never have ant tattoos. I had my fiest ine last August, the second one a coupld of weeks later, and I am booking an appointment for my third one today.

Its a bug I guess, and Ive got it. I doubt very much I will have anymore, and the ones I have are not very large (well, one is PRETTY large) and are on my upper arms so not visible at all when dressed.

Were the puns deliberate - "ant tattoos" and "It's a bug" :)

zoombini
08-08-2003, 16:33
I seem to recall these being available at beauty therapy suppliers.
If I can remember I'll go through the wifes draws later (ooooh eeerrr!) to see if I can find any.

zoombini
08-08-2003, 16:38
http://www.waterslide-decals.co.uk/tattoo_temporary.html does them...

Bifta
08-08-2003, 17:32
Originally posted by zoombini
http://www.waterslide-decals.co.uk/tattoo_temporary.html does them...

*cough* Delivery to the U.K. normally takes 2-3 days, and only costs US $20.00

Tazfan
08-08-2003, 21:41

Tazfan
08-08-2003, 21:42
Originally posted by duncant403
Were the puns deliberate - "ant tattoos" and "It's a bug" :)

Whoops. I meant any! I must learn to proof read before I post!