PDA

View Full Version : Strange thing happened yesterday...

Stouffer
30-06-2004, 16:41
I was disconnected from my BB service by NTL for some reason, resolved that in the end. But the odd thing was I asked the lady on the phone the date of the speed increase, and she said it's happening tomorrow (today in other words) but she said she would put ours on now since they messed us about with the disconnection. What was she on about? I mean, if anything my BB speed has dropped (1mb line, averaging 90-100k a second off of a good source, where as I used to get 120). My questions are though

1. THe increase, is there a firm date yet?

2. Is it common practice for NTL employees to lie to customers? I mean, she did say I would have the speed increase from yesterday, but it hasn't happened.

Chris W
30-06-2004, 16:45
1. there is not a firm date yet... still looking at "late summer"

2. I cannot speak for all employees, but i do not lie to customers; if i don't know something, i try to find out from someone else, or just say i don't know. I don't think i am the god of all techs, but some people do think that they know everything. This person obviously did lie to you though. The disconnection has nothing at all to do with the speed increases- so i don't know what kind of excuse this was!

You should have taken her name and number, then called back today, asked to speak to her and then get her to explain why the speed increase hasn't happened :p:

MB

paulyoung666
30-06-2004, 17:13
hi and :welcome: to the site stouffer , www.broadbandspeedtest.net/ is a good speed test to see what you are getting , dont rely on windows telling you what speed you are dl'ing at ;) :)