PDA

View Full Version : Connection thru STB locking up

OldGeezer
27-06-2004, 22:03
Since Thursday 17th I've been losing my BB connection approx every other day. The middle light on the STB is still lit, but my router reports a droppped connection and then fails to re-acquire an IP address via DHCP. Rebooting the router has no effect, rebooting the STB fixes it (for another day or two).

This is a bit of a pain when it happens when I'm at work (or if the family is watching something on TV when I need to reboot) - I access my machines via FTP and VNC during lunch breaks.

I'm not running any P2P software, and my machines are virus free etc.

It looks like the STB is starting to get a bit dicky (DiTV1000), but it just seems to be a bit of a coincidence that when it started (17th), my IP address changed from 213.x.x.x to 81.x.x.x. (SK11 area).

Anyone else get lock-ups like this?

BTW - the TV is not affected when this happens.

BIGZIPZ
27-06-2004, 22:32
I get the same thing pal, without a router, also when my old man uses interactive tv it often locks up as well

inthewildteam
28-06-2004, 02:04
Since Thursday 17th I've been losing my BB connection approx every other day. The middle light on the STB is still lit, but my router reports a droppped connection and then fails to re-acquire an IP address via DHCP. Rebooting the router has no effect, rebooting the STB fixes it (for another day or two).

This is a bit of a pain when it happens when I'm at work (or if the family is watching something on TV when I need to reboot) - I access my machines via FTP and VNC during lunch breaks.

I'm not running any P2P software, and my machines are virus free etc.

It looks like the STB is starting to get a bit dicky (DiTV1000), but it just seems to be a bit of a coincidence that when it started (17th), my IP address changed from 213.x.x.x to 81.x.x.x. (SK11 area).

Anyone else get lock-ups like this?

BTW - the TV is not affected when this happens.

Wait untill the speed increase comes! You think you've got problems now!

I know nothing, just a customer!!!!

Paul
28-06-2004, 08:55
Have you reported it to TS ?

OldGeezer
28-06-2004, 09:05
Have you reported it to TS ?

I will be doing if it doesn't clear up - I was just trying to determine if it was just me or caused by NTL tinkering in readiness for the speed upgrade.