PDA

View Full Version : Mobile Washing

Ben
25-07-2003, 12:44
Yup that's right :) My mobile went though the washing machine the other day (T100) :cry:

My question really is this : Has anyone else had this happen to themselves ?

I have a friend that was sitting watching TV and his phone dropped into his mug of Tea :eek:

Another thing is this - Water damage

As far as I know they won't replace my phone which really annoys me. I would rather not spend out £70 for a replacement :eek:

Bifta
25-07-2003, 13:00
My friend stuck his in the airing cupboard after dropping it down the toilet and accidently peeing on it, it smelt a bit but after a few days it dried out and worked perfectly.

ntlrebel
25-07-2003, 13:05
Yep. Just put it somewhere warm to dry out and it should be fine. Don't try to force dry it though cos that can cause damage.:D

Jules
25-07-2003, 14:05
Hope for sunshine and stick it on a window ledge :)

orangebird
25-07-2003, 14:12
Originally posted by Bifta
My friend stuck his in the airing cupboard after dropping it down the toilet and accidently peeing on it, it smelt a bit but after a few days it dried out and worked perfectly.

Yep, I'd go with the airing cupboard solution too :)

marcsparks2002
25-07-2003, 15:14
If its a contract phone it should be covered and replaced foc asfaik,i know that was the case with both orange and t mobile when i done it :( one off of a boat and the other in to a vat of water on a building site :D both replaced next day free,atb marc

paulyoung666
25-07-2003, 17:59
i washed mine as well , opened it up , dried it out sent it back to sony and they replaced it no problem :cool:

Lord Nikon
25-07-2003, 19:48
Originally posted by Gandalf
Yup that's right :) My mobile went though the washing machine the other day (T100) :cry:

My question really is this : Has anyone else had this happen to themselves ?

I have a friend that was sitting watching TV and his phone dropped into his mug of Tea :eek:

Another thing is this - Water damage

As far as I know they won't replace my phone which really annoys me. I would rather not spend out £70 for a replacement :eek:

If accidental damage isn't covered is loss? i.e. "I lost my phone"

Though the police are taking a new view on mobile loss / theft.

In order to get a crime reference number you now have to have proof that you owned the phone (something from the phone company / a receipt with the phone's IMEI number on it)

albone
26-07-2003, 16:11
yep the best is the airing cupboard my hubby dropped his into the loo! and put it in there and it worked though it took a while to dry out!;)

paulyoung666
26-07-2003, 16:14
i may be corrected but usually when mobiles get wet they only work again if they were switched off when drowned :spin: