PDA

View Full Version : Help please

nmbcollector
15-06-2004, 21:08
Hi Guys

I need some advice as I want to know if what I want is possible.
What I have in my bedroom currently is my bb modem and a 2nd digibox. When the installer fitted it he said the signal was to weak to run 2 seperate cables so if I want to watch tv I have to take the cable out of my modem and screw it into my digi box.
Is there another way so I can have both on simutanesly

Thanks
Andy the disgruntled ntl employee who has just been made redundant :(

scrotnig
15-06-2004, 21:10
Hi Guys

I need some advice as I want to know if what I want is possible.
What I have in my bedroom currently is my bb modem and a 2nd digibox. When the installer fitted it he said the signal was to weak to run 2 seperate cables so if I want to watch tv I have to take the cable out of my modem and screw it into my digi box.
Is there another way so I can have both on simutanesly

Thanks
Andy the disgruntled ntl employee who has just been made redundant :(
That is an unacceptable level of service and it should never have been provisioned that way. In fact it's nothing short of a joke.

Get someone out to it and tell them you want it installing properly this time!

(Mark who will also be made redundant from ntl at the end of the year)

swoop101
15-06-2004, 21:16
Wecome to the site nmbcollector. :welcome:

As Mark says, get them back out with a very strong complaint.

Chris W
15-06-2004, 21:20
Surely a HDU (home distibution unit) was the viable option in this case.

If the modem and dtv can't be used at the same time then you should only pay for one service, as in reality at any one time you are only using one or the other.

If i was you i would get onto customer services with a complaint and get this one sorted out properly.

MB

hairy_mick
15-06-2004, 21:32
what area do you live in was it a contractor who installed your (service come services).

nmbcollector
15-06-2004, 21:32
Thanks loads for the replys
I will speak to them tomorrow when I get into work
Thanks
Andy (NTLNottm)

Paul
15-06-2004, 22:39
Andy (NTLNottm)

Shocking service. :eek:

They are nomally so good in this area as well.

homealone
15-06-2004, 23:03
Shocking service. :eek:

They are normally so good in this area as well.

I agree, the technician who installed my SACM on my TV line checked the signal levels on the line, then made up the appropriate splitter/isolator combo to suit the connection - he was brilliant :tu:

For the installer to admit the intallation is substandard, so that 'normal' service can't be achieved - and to walk away from it - is appalling, I do hope it was a sub, not an employee :(

Either you need to be on a different 'tap' in your green box, or a new cable pull, is required, as i see it :shrug:

nmbcollector
16-06-2004, 09:48
I called them and its now booked in for next tuesday
Lets hope they can sort it out and I can surf the net whilst watching the tv at the same time
Once again thanks for all your help
Andy (NTL Nottm)