PDA

View Full Version : Odd £2 bill

cookie_365
14-06-2004, 20:01
I've just had an odd bill - for £2 described as 'analogue non DD charge'. Never realised that digital BB was analogue or that a direct debit wasn't a Direct Debit :D

CS sorted it out straight away (correction: said they'd sort it out straight away, I'll wait for next month's bill; proof of the pudding etc ;) ) but said I wasn't the only one who'd had this problem, computer glitch etc, so keep an eye on your bills.

It's only a trivial amount I know, but not if it were to get added each month, and who wants to be cut off for not paying a £2 bill they don't owe? :Yikes:

MadGamer
14-06-2004, 20:56
£2 a month for a bill isn't bad :D

cookie_365
14-06-2004, 22:33
Maybe I ought to have added that it was an additional bill :)

Marge
14-06-2004, 22:40
What happened was they ran a fix on the system to put the non DD charge on for customers who are not showing as having an active DD. However due to the way the system is set some Cable Modems are shown as analogue boxes. The system then applied the £2 charge which is totally incorrect as the customers are billed on a separate system for the Broadband. With me so far ????

Oh the complexities of having 2 different billing systems. So if you've been charged £2 for non DD and the only services you have are Cable Modem then ring CS and we can take it off for you.

cookie_365
15-06-2004, 00:21
... they ran a fix on the system to put the non DD charge on for customers who are not showing as having an active DD. However due to the way the system is set some Cable Modems are shown as analogue boxes. The system then applied the £2 charge which is totally incorrect as the customers are billed on a separate system for the Broadband.
Thanks Debsy42 - that does kind of make sense. The computers where I work often have similar 'fixes' with interesting side effects :)

nate
15-06-2004, 04:01
Oh the complexities of having 2 different billing systems.

Roll on Harmony taking over.

cookie_365
02-07-2004, 15:40
And needless to say, I got another bill this month, which showed the adjustment as agreed - and added another £2 charge for this month ! :(

I don't fancy having to hassle cs for a fix every month! :mad:

I've stuck in a complaint through 'contact us' on the NTL website so I'll post the response - assuming I get one of course ! ;)

Marge
02-07-2004, 16:40
And needless to say, I got another bill this month, which showed the adjustment as agreed - and added another £2 charge for this month ! :(

I don't fancy having to hassle cs for a fix every month! :mad:

I've stuck in a complaint through 'contact us' on the NTL website so I'll post the response - assuming I get one of course ! ;)

Flippin Heck, should have been credited AND taken off :rolleyes:

Whereabouts do you live??

cookie_365
02-07-2004, 17:07
Thanks Debsy I'm in Brighton