PDA

View Full Version : WTH! - Where are my emails?

Vegeta
01-06-2004, 12:25
I don't use the POS ntlworld email service but I used it to sign up to some forums which only allow non free email addresses to sign up for account verification.

I checked my Inbox today which had 4 messages yesterday and its empty! :mad:

All folders are empty. Are those emails gone forever?

danielf
01-06-2004, 12:48
Were these old emails? I presume you are talking about webmail. I seem to recall that NTL do delete emails from the server after a fixed amount of time.

Steve H
01-06-2004, 12:49
Moved to the email discussion board.

bobby boy
01-06-2004, 14:09
I had the same problem last week,and on 3 previous occasions. Saw about 8 emails on webmail while at work. Got home, started outlook and there were no messages.... reported to NTl...... who had the nerve to say that I must have deleted them!!. To be fair they did also mention that they may have been deleted by the server.
But the bottom line is the same, the emails are gone for ever and as far as they are concerned my mailbox is working correctly and so don't care about it. He even said "Get the people to resend the message"... if I could remember who they were I would also tell them to avaiod NTL email like the plague. It seems to have got worse since the alleged upgrade a while back, I never used to loose emails now it is beoming a regular thing.
At the moment I'm checking webmail during the day and forwarding things to my work email account that I can access from home, I shouldn't need to do that to ensure that I get my personal email.
Much more of this and I'll sacriface the ease of one bill for all my entertainment and go elsewhere for my ISP