PDA

View Full Version : NTL student Package (9 months)

ca95007
27-05-2004, 13:37
hello, i am 100% sure that when i signed up for NTL last october i was told of a special 9 month student package, instead of a 12 month contract for broardband modem only, in typical NTL style when i phone up to cancel i am told that a 9 month contract does not exist, and i need to pay 12 months EVEN THOUGH I AM MOVING HOUSE. has anyone else had any trouble with this?

Chris W
27-05-2004, 13:43
what services are you subscribed too? only certain packages are available on the student packages... IIRC analogue tv not digital, but to be honest i can't remember.

oh and :welcome: to the site :)

MB

scrotnig
27-05-2004, 16:46
hello, i am 100% sure that when i signed up for NTL last october i was told of a special 9 month student package, instead of a 12 month contract for broardband modem only, in typical NTL style when i phone up to cancel i am told that a 9 month contract does not exist, and i need to pay 12 months EVEN THOUGH I AM MOVING HOUSE. has anyone else had any trouble with this?
Whereabouts are you?

In the North West we definitely do 9 month student contracts and are honouring this when the disconnection request goes through.

bob_builder
27-05-2004, 17:09
Welcome ca95007, irrespective of whether you are on a 9 or 12 month contract if you can prove you are moving to a non-NTL area you do not have to pay the remainder of the contract as it is technically NTL's fault that they cannot continue your service.
My brother had a similar problem when he finished his uni year but he got his money back in the end.

funhat
15-06-2004, 22:54
what services are you subscribed too? only certain packages are available on the student packages... IIRC analogue tv not digital, but to be honest i can't remember.

I had the NTL digital tv on a student package previously. What you'll need to do is get a copy of your agreement that should state on it something along the lines of student contract etc and work from that. If you haven't got that anymore then you're at a loss