PDA

View Full Version : Who drove Dr Kelly to kill himself?

Chris
22-07-2003, 11:27
There is already a 'sexed up?' thread but frankly this scandal is now so vast I think it's worth a new thread by itself. I cannot believe the enormity of what's unfolding, and I am getting increasingly sickened at the queue of Labour sychophants (both MPs and 'friendly' journalists) waiting to get interviewed and try to claim the Government machine is somehow absolved of any blame in this.

It fills me with dispair that even now Labour can't help itself ... it's trying to spin itself out of a very, very deep hole. The BBC may well have some tough questions to answer as well, but at leat they are not lining up to try to wash their hands of it.

I try to be level-headed when listening to politicians and don't automatically assume every word they utter is a lie. But I have begun to realise over the past couple of days that actually I don't believe a single word any of them says on anything. Someone is pulling the strings and we are all being conned.

I sincerely hope this inquiry gets to the bottom of this - I am in dispair for our whole political system at the moment.

orangebird
22-07-2003, 12:36
Originally posted by towny
<snip>
The BBC may well have some tough questions to answer as well, but at leat they are not lining up to try to wash their hands of it<snip>

Oh, yes they are - why on earth did they only confirm it was Dr Kelly after his death - how underhanded can you be - outing a man who is no longer alive to defend himself....

I sincerely hope this inquiry gets to the bottom of this - I am in dispair for our whole political system at the moment.

Me too. I firmly believe both the head of the BBC and the PM should resign. After all, if Tony Blair hadn't hadn't lied to the entire country about the (lack of) WOMD, none of this would have happened in the first place. :(

Jules
22-07-2003, 14:22
Most civil servants have to sign the officail secrets act (my fella did)
But what has happened is tragic beyond belief I hope this man has found peace were ever he is now