PDA

View Full Version : W32.Netsky.Z@mm Virus

James79
23-05-2004, 00:10
Does anyone know if there is a serious outbreak of attacks from the above virus? I've already received 4 emails today with no attachments but it contains this virus.

Thank heavens for virus software!!

I've also noticed that this has become a common occurrence over the past month - same virus.

Intrusion Attempts have also increased like nothing Ive ever seen before. Over the past few days they've been originating in the Philippines (or at least thats what Norton Firewall tells me).

James

Mick
23-05-2004, 02:21
I'd say its still fairly widespread - got sent this virus a few times over the last 4 weeks or so. Twice this week infact. :rolleyes:

Chris W
23-05-2004, 02:28
I get it at least five times a day from one ntl user, i have tried to fill in the netreport form on their website with all the details, but they tell me it is not an ntl ip address, even though from doing nslookup it is clear that it is!

I have found the easiet way to avoid them is to setup a filter to send any email with attachments straight to the trash can, and then set it to empty on exit. Before i close down i have a quick look through just to check nothing i wanted has been caught and that does the job for me!

MB

Nidge
23-05-2004, 09:23
I've got 12 viruses sat on my drive, AVG won't move them to a virus vault, done a AVG update but they are still sat there.

Bulky
23-05-2004, 09:57
I've got 12 viruses sat on my drive, AVG won't move them to a virus vault, done a AVG update but they are still sat there.

delete them manually, this is a problem i found with avg somtimes

paulyoung666
23-05-2004, 10:23
i aint had a z one yet thank god :erm:

rdhw
23-05-2004, 22:05
I've got 12 viruses sat on my drive, AVG won't move them to a virus vault, done a AVG update but they are still sat there.Try disabling System Restore, reboot, then do a full virus scan. Then re-enable System Restore and reboot.