PDA

View Full Version : XBOX: First XBOX

Defiant
21-07-2003, 17:16
Well got my son an early birthday present. XBOX with Halo and Metal Gear Solid. I have to say I don't know what all the fuss is about. Halo I found very much like Unreal 2,
http://www.unreal2.com/

Don't get me wrong its a good game but graphic's wish Unreal of course is better ;)

Arges
21-07-2003, 17:39
IMO its not really all about graphics. Its about beautifully balanced gameplay, probably the best set of weapons around, intelligent AI and a general feeling of immersion in a game world were time vanishes and before you know it its the middle of the night.

Halo delivers on all fronts, but at the end of the day its all down to personal choice. I prefer console games because they don't take a week to get running properly and of course, online everybody can chat, not just the uber geeks!

ic14
21-07-2003, 17:41
Halo those have a couple of dodgy levels though......

Jarandco
21-07-2003, 18:26
no halo is near prefect i think it is the best fps on any console and i think the halo series will probably continue to be for a very long time. Its the storyline and A.I. that make halo!

Some of the levels do looks simular but then so do parts of britiain it was mostly set on halo so of course some of it will look simular - how far are you though Defiant? Also the game is over a year old 2 years old this november so of course there are better graphics!

ic14
21-07-2003, 18:32
So you liked the libary level!
The was awful......

XiceWolf
21-07-2003, 18:50
The library is possibly the most boring level ever created in the history of computer games. 343 annoyed me aswell. Bloody flood !

Mantrid
21-07-2003, 19:06
Yeah I agree, great game but they could have done without the Flood. I'd have preferred some more intelligent baddies than just aim and shoot as fast as you can.

Jarandco
21-07-2003, 19:30
Originally posted by XiceWolf
The library is possibly the most boring level ever created in the history of computer games. 343 annoyed me aswell. Bloody flood ! erm well i wouldnt say it was the most bopring level, admitidly i did get stuck a few times and yes the flood were bloody annoying but i still thought it was an allright level and 343 well i wish you could have blew it up!

Admitidly the flood were annoying but they did make sense with the sorty but as halo was blown up i doubt we will see them again but the trouble with the new enimies in halo 2 is they are much more inteligent i am worried! I think this one might take longer to complete espicially if the aliens can now sniper you and run back for reinforcements!:(

XiceWolf
21-07-2003, 21:31
lol jar is afraid of the big alien :D its okay jar Mr wolf will help you complete it on legendary if you can play coop online :D 343 was annoying but it was the level i was talkin about not the little flying blue orb which was annoyin aswell. You name a level jar that was more boring than the library, nearly every other level was interesting and had some stuff to do in it, this one didnt it sucked.

Jarandco
21-07-2003, 22:05
Originally posted by XiceWolf
lol jar is afraid of the big alien :D its okay jar Mr wolf will help you complete it on legendary if you can play coop online :D 343 was annoying but it was the level i was talkin about not the little flying blue orb which was annoyin aswell. You name a level jar that was more boring than the library, nearly every other level was interesting and had some stuff to do in it, this one didnt it sucked.

LoL i aint scared! :LOL: Just it will definetly be an improvement on the flood!! Although the flood in large numbers were annoying!!

Erm ok.... maybe the other levels are a bit more interesting but i never actually got baord at any point on halo - i was addicted all the way through it! I suppose that level was the "slower" level to get into!

NEONKNIGHT
23-07-2003, 00:28
Must admit - I've had a copy of Halo for ages, eon's in fact (well seem's like it) and I have never really bothered with it. Played the first level of it and, well, that's about as far as I got with it. Strange but true!:shrug:

zoombini
23-07-2003, 08:17
Or cooperatively, me & t' son have played through the whole thing many a time.

Its about the only way I can get through it on the hardest setting, having someone watching my back.

Doctor E
23-07-2003, 09:35
Zoom,

My wife played me on multiplayer once. She was awful. But she *did* get me through one of the licence requirements for EA's F1 2002. I yearn for Halo 2 on Live ...

Nige.