PDA

View Full Version : Complaints address for broadband?

djuk
15-05-2004, 21:20
Evening everyone,

Does anybody have a postal address or e-mail address for complaints regarding the broadband service, have been trying to find this for a week now on the website but had no luck!

Thanks

David

P.S. Also does anybody know the magic word to get a direct debit mandate sent out in the post to amend details? Have asked for this from ntl 3 weeks in a row now but not one has arrived :(

paulyoung666
15-05-2004, 21:21
hi and :welcome: to the site , the first q would be , where are you in the country and the second q would be why do you want it , hope you enjoy your stay here :D :D :D :D

djuk
15-05-2004, 21:38
hi and :welcome: to the site , the first q would be , where are you in the country and the second q would be why do you want it , hope you enjoy your stay here :D :D :D :D
Hiya :)

I am in Bracknell, Berkshire and Im compelled to write a bit of a letter due to being given the run about a bit by NTL.

Early april I changed my bank and as such migrated all my direct debit arrangements from my old bank to the new one. NTL wouldnt do it on just bank's authority stating that the instructions needed to come from me personally which isnt a problem and so I sent an e-mail in after finding the support form on the website (after trying to get through by phone for some time) giving new bank details etc and a number to contact me on should there be any issues.

No reply until 7 and a half days later in which someone from support told me they did not deal with accounts there and that she would simply send me a direct debit mandate via post to complete and return. No problem there except for the fact that it was now getting near the april payment date so dropped a quick email back just asking that it was noted against my account that should there be any problems taking this months payments due to the change of banks i could be contacted by phone or e-mail so that I could pay directly by debit card.

Was advised that this couldnt be done via support which is understandable but given a freephone number for billing and accounts which after some trying was answered. I queried the situation with this month's payment to be told quite clearly "dont worry, it has already been taken this month you just need to fill in the mandate and send it back when it arrives". This is all fine but my internet banking suggested that in fact this months payment had not been taken. Not entirely satisifed that all was well I called back and spoke to a different person who confirmed exactly the same as the last person so I merely accepted that things must be in hand and internet banking was behind.

However, on 9th May I returned home from work on a friday night, attempted to check my e-mail and found that there was no service, tried rebooting the cable modem a few times to no avail but as I was going away for the weekend anyhow just thought it was another ntl outage and it should be sorted by Sunday night when I got home.

So, got home Sunday night and still no internet service. Called technical support and got through in about 25 minutes to be told that my account was suspended and there was no more they could tell me but given a number for accounts and billing and told to call them Monday morning as they were now closed.

Called the number during a break at work on Monday morning, held for 30 minutes and eventually had to hang up and go back to doing some work! Called again at lunch time and the phone was eventually answered to be told that the account was suspended as they had failed to take payment this month.

After a bit of a rant I paid by debit card for the outstanding balance and reassured that a direct debit mandate would follow shortly.

Service was restored by Monday night but obviously you will probably understand why this wound me up. If they had called me before cutting off the service to ask if there was a problem or to discuss it I wouldnt have a problem it was just the whole fact that Ive never ever missed a payment on anything and I tried to take steps to prevent this happening yet there was no communication at all from NTL, the first I knew was the service not working.

Oh and its now 15th may and ive asked again a few days ago for a direct debit mandate and checked the address they have for me on system which is correct but.... still nothing!

Phew... all done :D

David

Russ
15-05-2004, 21:41
Hi David

Have a look here (http://www.nthellworld.co.uk/?page=info) for some useful addresses but be warned - ALWAYS send any mail to NTL by recorded delivery. Always, always, always.

I wouldn't place too much reliance on emailing them, there does not seem to be many success stories from anyone who has also tried this.

Stick to the Royal Mail.

Oh, and did I say that you should ALWAYS send letters to NTL by recorded delivery?

paulyoung666
15-05-2004, 21:41
monster post time :D :D :D :D , how far are you away from your local office , i only ask because the time i had problems with billing i went and knocked on the door ' so to speak ' i was sorted in 10 mins , it might just be an option you might want to think about ;) :)

djuk
15-05-2004, 21:44
Hi David

Have a look here (http://www.nthellworld.co.uk/?page=info) for some useful addresses but be warned - ALWAYS send any mail to NTL by recorded delivery. Always, always, always.

Thanks for the link, Office for the south appears to be in winnersh which is 5 mins from me so may be worth a visit rather than relying on correspondance!

Thanks again

David

paulyoung666
15-05-2004, 21:55
Thanks for the link, Office for the south appears to be in winnersh which is 5 mins from me so may be worth a visit rather than relying on correspondance!

Thanks again

David

like i said sometimes face to face is the way to go , i wish you all the luck i can , go for it :D :D :D