PDA

View Full Version : Americas Army Operations

Richard M
19-07-2003, 19:21
Anyone here play it?
It's the new Counter Strike...

KingPhoenix
19-07-2003, 19:23
i used to play it, about a year ago.... but got bored.... played it along with MOHAA

Might see if i can find the install for it and give it another go... awesome game!!!

Richard M
19-07-2003, 19:30
I did the same actually but it's been improved a lot lately.
That Bridge SE level is too damn addictive. :p

Ramrod
19-07-2003, 19:33
I couldn't get through basic training. ie. I couldn't be ars*d to sit there for a week so I could get to sniper school:D

Richard M
19-07-2003, 19:34
You don't need to. :confused:
I never did, I passed the Airborne though so I could get the really good maps.

Ramrod
19-07-2003, 19:36
Originally posted by Roger K
You don't need to. :confused:
I never did, I passed the Airborne though so I could get the really good maps.
Yes, but I like sniping:D

paulyoung666
19-07-2003, 19:40
i have played with it , but it was doing my head in , maybe i will give it another go , after all it is free :D :D :D :D

KingPhoenix
19-07-2003, 19:48
and downloadable right here (http://www.filefront.com/r.b/page__file_info/_filepath__/aaohq/gamefiles/ArmyOps160.exe)

Be warned it is 373.85Mb :eek:

Richard M
19-07-2003, 19:51
1.7 is the latest release:
http://www.americasarmy.com/downloads2.php

Oh, and did I mention that it's been released for the Mac this week? :)

paulyoung666
19-07-2003, 20:13
90 mins to go :D :D :D

Steve H
19-07-2003, 23:15
How bigs the latest patch?

matty4donna
19-07-2003, 23:19
Originally posted by KingPhoenix
and downloadable right here (http://www.filefront.com/r.b/page__file_info/_filepath__/aaohq/gamefiles/ArmyOps160.exe)

Be warned it is 373.85Mb :eek: Ill use my 2mb ADSL connection, ill have it in no time and with no fear of any cap :D

KingPhoenix
20-07-2003, 00:07
Originally posted by matty4donna
Ill use my 2mb ADSL connection, ill have it in no time and with no fear of any cap :D
Looks like an anti NTL post to me??? :eek: :eek:

Who do you get your 2Mb ADSL from???? mines from EasyNet (Business package)

Is it any good..... my local exchange is unbundled by easynet so i get the full benefits of a 5:1 ratio....

But i dont like the prices to be honest :rolleyes:

KingPhoenix
20-07-2003, 00:14
Originally posted by Steve_NTL
How bigs the latest patch?

Depends which version you are upgrading from - to........

1.6 - 1.7 is 19mb

matty4donna
20-07-2003, 00:19
Looks like an anti NTL post to me??? :eek: :eek:

Who do you get your 2Mb ADSL from???? mines from EasyNet (Business package)

Is it any good..... my local exchange is unbundled by easynet so i get the full benefits of a 5:1 ratio....

But i dont like the prices to be honest :rolleyes: Currently i get mine from Internet Central, ive had it for about 5 months now. I normally get around 1.8 - 1.9mbps. Im lucky as in my area nearly everyone is on cable (i also have 1mb ntl) so even though the contention rate is 50:1 its proabably realistically about 10:1 maximum lol :)

The price is alright for me, only £39.99 per month + VAT. Been thinking of going to 20:1 but as i say i think most people in the area are cable anyway so it would not make much difference. I only use the 2meg line for downloading though, im probably going to downgrade to 600k ntl soon as i only use that for surfing and email.

Hehehehe yes it was anti-ntl lol :D :p

KingPhoenix
20-07-2003, 00:25
Originally posted by matty4donna
Currently i get mine from Internet Central, ive had it for about 5 months now. I normally get around 1.8 - 1.9mbps. Im lucky as in my area nearly everyone is on cable (i also have 1mb ntl) so even though the contention rate is 50:1 its proabably realistically about 10:1 maximum lol :)

The price is alright for me, only £39.99 per month + VAT. Been thinking of going to 20:1 but as i say i think most people in the area are cable anyway so it would not make much difference. I only use the 2meg line for downloading though, im probably going to downgrade to 600k ntl soon as i only use that for surfing and email.

Hehehehe yes it was anti-ntl lol :D :p

Nice i dont really want to go off topic so i will just say im ready to do my training :( AGAIN!!!!!

lmao

I knew the senior sales guy at easynet, so thought it was a good idea at 49.99 a month... sounds like internet central is a bit cheaper for the same connection..... will throw a few mails around, see what i get.....

Why keep 2 internet connections? especially NTL's???

Also i get to configure my package compeletly... so if i want to increase my upload i can... and i can increase my download to 32mb (if i want to pay £220 a month :eek: :eek: :eek: )

matty4donna
20-07-2003, 00:33
Nice i dont really want to go off topic so i will just say im ready to do my training :( AGAIN!!!!!

lmao

I knew the senior sales guy at easynet, so thought it was a good idea at 49.99 a month... sounds like internet central is a bit cheaper for the same connection..... will throw a few mails around, see what i get.....

Why keep 2 internet connections? especially NTL's???

Also i get to configure my package compeletly... so if i want to increase my upload i can... and i can increase my download to 32mb (if i want to pay £220 a month :eek: :eek: :eek: ) Lol £220 per month :eek:

Well originally i only took the 2mb service up as a trial. Then when it became permenant i decided to have it and leave my mum with the 1meg. Then i began using the 1 meg connection to download large files (transferring files from work and from my boss oh and the odd movie or three a day lol) whilst i was using my 2mb connection for general use. Then ntl: capped the 1 meg so i started just downloading on my 2mb connection and using the 1 meg connection to surf. I like the setup i have now as my surfing speed is untouched when i am downloading various large files at a time. Also im not worried about exceeding any caps with the ADSL connection. My mum has since ceased to use the interent so i now get lumbered with two bills (hence i may go to 600k or even 256k) but i dont mind too much hehe.

Anyway back on topic, is there really big improvements from the version i downloaded last year when it was released? Are they improvements to the game play and extra missions or are all the improvements just bug fixes etc...?