PDA

View Full Version : Double e mails - 2 of everything

bertJ
07-05-2004, 23:28
Can anyone suggest a reason why I am receiving the same e mails twice, usually separated by a few hours? Virtually every e mail I receive has an identical copy in all respects which I receive later on. The e mails are coming from a variety of sources so it's not as if someone is accidentally sending an e mail twice by accident.
Could this be an odd problem with the ntl servers?

Chris W
07-05-2004, 23:29
have you set up any email forwarding on your account?

Jonboy
08-05-2004, 00:51
i have the same problem here in teeside i suspect a engineer has tripped over the extention lead's again for the server's and pluged it back in the wrong place :)

monkey2468
08-05-2004, 00:53
i have the same problem here in teeside i suspect a engineer has tripped over the extention lead's again for the server's and pluged it back in the wrong place :)
Im in teeside and my emails are ok!
in fact it seem quicker than normal.......

bertJ
08-05-2004, 10:16
I've always had mail forwarding set up to a Yahoo account because ntl e mail was so unreliable. Double e mails only seem to have happened since ntl e mail has become (hopefully!) more reliable in the last few weeks.
It's not really important as I'd rather receive two of everything rather than none of everything!

Neil
08-05-2004, 10:23
Moved to Email Discussion Forum.

paulyoung666
08-05-2004, 11:04
this has happened to me in the past , but not for a while , as to why , i dont know :erm:

~Dan~
09-05-2004, 00:56
This happens to me as well, receiving the same email a day or 2 later.
Also when I send an email it sometimes doesn't arrive for 2 days. When it's to an email list I can see it hasn't arrived, so I send it again, with the 2nd one arriving a day or 2 later.

Maggy
09-05-2004, 01:12
I've always had mail forwarding set up to a Yahoo account because ntl e mail was so unreliable. Double e mails only seem to have happened since ntl e mail has become (hopefully!) more reliable in the last few weeks.
It's not really important as I'd rather receive two of everything rather than none of everything!

Are you saying that it is your Yahoo mail that is being duplicated?Because this is an intermittant issue with Yahoo mail from time to time.It usually stops after a bit.

Incog. :)

bbwannabe
24-05-2004, 09:01
ive been getting two emails with my hotmail account recently. The time difference is a few minutes.

BlueMeany
24-05-2004, 14:09
Can anyone suggest a reason why I am receiving the same e mails twice, usually separated by a few hours? Virtually every e mail I receive has an identical copy in all respects which I receive later on. The e mails are coming from a variety of sources so it's not as if someone is accidentally sending an e mail twice by accident.
Could this be an odd problem with the ntl servers?

I'm getting double emails too - at the moment appears to just be on my main ntl account and not the sub-accounts I have set up.

Sometimes they are an hour or so apart, although today received them both at the same time. These were bounces of mail undeliverable, but it happens to all.

As someone said earlier, its better to receive two of everything than none of it... but it would be nice if it wasn't happening. Thankfully I don't receive much spam, but if I did I'd be miffed about getting it twice!

Are these servers and email stuff upgraded yet, because if they are, I'm worried!!