PDA

View Full Version : Rainbow Six 3

ic14
19-07-2003, 16:46
According to the latest edge magazine:
Quoted from EDGE: Issue #126
Based on the Raven Shield universe, this xbox episode is a wholly new game, containing 14 new single player missions, nine new multiplayer maps, and full compatibillity with Xbox Live.

So its based on raven shield but its not raven shield...:confused:

Like how i did the quote?

Caspar
19-07-2003, 17:06
Originally posted by ic14
According to the latest edge magazine:

So its based on raven shield but its not raven shield...:confused:

Like how i did the quote?

Yeah, I think it's interpretation of the article and others...

What they are doing is making Raven Shield, but they are not porting the PC version.

They are starting from scratch for the XBOX.

ic14
19-07-2003, 17:11
Oh good....
So it should be free of the lag issues that were in ghost recon then!
Yay!

Caspar
19-07-2003, 17:12
Oh good....
So it should be free of the lag issues that were in ghost recon then!
Yay!

I never said that, lol :D

Caspar
21-07-2003, 12:20
Another article is citing this also, found here (http://www.hardwarezone.com/news/news.hwz?cid=11&aid=12358), saying that the new Rainbow 6 game is NOT RavenShield but a totally new game...

...I don't think it matters!:shrug: It'll still be bigger than Halo2 (he runs for cover!)

What does matter is that the release date is not till Christmas 2003 :(

But, it is another exclusive to the XBOX console :D ... *cough* for the time being *cough* :o

Boom
22-07-2003, 09:55
Funnily enough I don't care if the single-player campaign has been altered (as once again, I've already mastered the levels on PC), but the mp code better be damn good or there will be hell to pay. Not to mention all the secondary items, the add-ons, and full list of weapons better be able from the off in multi-player.

I'm looking forward to gassing Xicey and leaving some door charges ready to blow as he steps out. :D

Originally posted by Caspar
Another article is citing this also, found here (http://www.hardwarezone.com/news/news.hwz?cid=11&aid=12358), saying that the new Rainbow 6 game is NOT RavenShield but a totally new game...

...I don't think it matters!:shrug: It'll still be bigger than Halo2 (he runs for cover!)

But, it is another exclusive to the XBOX console :D ... *cough* for the time being *cough* :o

XiceWolf
22-07-2003, 11:35
People take great satisfaction in blowing me up these days :D

Boom
22-07-2003, 11:37
There's just something about seeing a flying-Scotsman! :D

Originally posted by XiceWolf
People take great satisfaction in blowing me up these days :D

Caspar
23-07-2003, 19:05
This game is looking better by the minute!

See here (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/r/?page=http://www.computerandvideogames.com/news/news_story.php(que)id=94163) for an uptodate review, after a hands on session!

The voice are word commands as opposed to menu numeric commands :D ...yes!

XiceWolf
23-07-2003, 19:07
Right iam confused, do i buy this or ravenshield ?

Caspar
23-07-2003, 19:09
Originally posted by XiceWolf
Right iam confused, do i buy this or ravenshield ?

As IC started...Raven Shield is NOT coming to the XBOX!

...but the we are having Rainbow Six 3, but it's not Raven Shield...it's better :D

Have a read of the article ;)

ic14
23-07-2003, 19:10
Rainbow six 3 on xbox is Raven sheild! Well kind off :D

Caspar
23-07-2003, 22:19
Rainbow six 3 on xbox is Raven sheild! Well kind off :D

It's a new plot...new story, new platform, new gameplay, new etc...

...noone with their eyes working properly could ever support labeling it as Raven Sheld, IMO.

Boom
24-07-2003, 16:26
Some nice screenshots here (http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=52301).

Caspar
24-07-2003, 19:07
There's a new movie out....I was half downloading it over at http://www.computerandvideogames.com then my connection was dropped by them....now I can get to the download page now :cry:

...anyway else find it?

Caspar
12-10-2003, 11:01
16 player XBL :) ...plus a 4 player COOP mode ;)

Read more here (http://games.thedgn.com/index.php?page=news/EpyVAukFkuRTEjXALQ.php).

Although there seemed to be a few bugs in the OXM demo I'm really looking forward to this one :tu: :D

ic14
12-10-2003, 12:58
I was looking forward to it, but the demo has put me off it :(
How can a game make me feal ill!?!
:( :cry:

NEONKNIGHT
12-10-2003, 13:08
I was looking forward to it, but the demo has put me off it :(
How can a game make me feal ill!?!
:( :cry:

What do you mean ? motion sickness ?

ic14
12-10-2003, 13:17
What do you mean ? motion sickness ?Some kind of motion sickness, yeah, strange how no other games do it.......

Jarandco
12-10-2003, 13:35

You better run Cas cos Halo 2 will defeat them all! ;) :p

Although i am quite looking forward to ranbow six/raven shield/mix of both games!

ic14
12-10-2003, 13:37
HALO 2?pah!
CS will beat all FPSs!

Jarandco
12-10-2003, 14:10
HALO 2?pah!
CS will beat all FPSs!

:eeek:

Is Halo 2 is "pah!" then dont buy it! :p ;)

If you didnt buy it then id definetly be :eeek:

ic14
12-10-2003, 14:12
I will get Halo 2, just dont think it will be as good on live as everyone thinks it will.

Jarandco
12-10-2003, 15:09
I will get Halo 2, just dont think it will be as good on live as everyone thinks it will.
:eek:

Well not sure why as we havent had any details - the general multiplayer on halo 1 was great so if they keep it like that in some respects it should be great - plus multiplayer on halo pc is supposed to be fantastic - so ive heard! Ill probabbly get it for the pc , for multiplayer when i get my new pc!

Caspar
18-10-2003, 11:04
Rainbow Six 3 (http://www.pcvsconsole.com/news/news.php?nid=2133) has gone gold! :D :D :D :p

ic14
18-10-2003, 11:48
oh goody!

Shame i wont be buying it........

Ste Riley
18-10-2003, 19:08
oh goody!

Shame i wont be buying it........

Your lose sunshine, not ours.

Can't wait for this beauty!

ic14
18-10-2003, 19:17
Your lose sunshine, not ours.

Can't wait for this beauty!Its not that special?
Its just GRIT, inside a building!

:zzz:

Anyway, you dont know hy im not getting it, do you?

Ste Riley
18-10-2003, 22:56
Its not that special?
Its just GRIT, inside a building!

:zzz:

Anyway, you dont know hy im not getting it, do you?

Its GRIT in a building, thats what I like to see! With better graphics and a better range of weapons. However I disagree it may have some similarities to Ghost Recon but I feel this one stands on it own as unique in its own way.

Reasons why your not getting it dont really matter.

This game will be the daddy of smack.

Caspar
28-10-2003, 19:35
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six 3 for Xbox Ships Today (http://www.gameinfowire.com/news.asp?nid=3340)

:D :D :D :p

...not long for us europeans now!!!

Boom
28-10-2003, 19:49
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six 3 for Xbox Ships Today (http://www.gameinfowire.com/news.asp?nid=3340)

:D :D :D :p

...not long for us europeans now!!!

Weyhey! Still hoping that they announce the limited edition one over here.

Caspar
28-10-2003, 22:59
What's in the Limted edition version?

Boom
29-10-2003, 08:12
What's in the Limted edition version?

Check the article. It's a new headset.

Boom
29-10-2003, 08:25
IGN's review:

http://xbox.ign.com/articles/457/457000p1.html

Sounds good, but where is bomb-disposal mode? DLC?

Caspar
30-10-2003, 22:17
:p

Fonix speech technology in Xbox's Rainbow Six 3 and SWAT: Global Strike Team (http://www.gameinfowire.com/news.asp?nid=3374)

Boom
31-10-2003, 14:00
Just noticed that RS3 plus headset are now available for pre-order from Game.

Boom
03-11-2003, 08:59
boom the headset in rainbow six 3 is'nt limted, its for the people who don't have xbox live and need a headset to shout at there team.

I'm not sure what you mean? :confused:

Limited edition RS3 is what the release was called with the headset (besides Tesco and Game, I haven't seen it on any other site). Of course, the headset is in no way limited to be just used for RS3. So what are you getting at?

Jarandco
03-11-2003, 09:59
I'm not sure what you mean? :confused:

Limited edition RS3 is what the release was called with the headset (besides Tesco and Game, I haven't seen it on any other site). Of course, the headset is in no way limited to be just used for RS3. So what are you getting at?

I think i am guessing that he means the headset edition is for people who dont have xbox lvie so they can use the headset to command your team instead of pressing the buttons, its pretty cool, it works on the demo! with your lovie headset! :)

Boom
03-11-2003, 10:16
I think i am guessing that he means the headset edition is for people who dont have xbox lvie so they can use the headset to command your team instead of pressing the buttons, its pretty cool, it works on the demo! with your lovie headset! :)

If that's the case, yes, we already knew that, but ppl possibly looking for a better headset than the one for XBL will give it a go.

Tezcatlipoca
03-11-2003, 18:12
The Ltd Edition headset is an XBox Live headset, but with "Rainbow Six 3" on it. It's meant to be better made than the flimsy one you get in an XBL starter kit.

RS3 Headset Image (http://store.ubi.com/productimages/xbx_rainbowsix3_headset_ss.gif)

Boom
04-11-2003, 09:23
sorry i didn't read the article. i thought the game will always sell with a headset for people with out live and not make it limted to a few. thats what i ment when i said the headset is'nt limted. i didn't think about the headsets you can buy on there own, by the way how many limted editions are there?

np, I was just confused by your post. No one knows how many limited editions are available, but there are only a few online stores offering it at the moment. I haven't heard from my mates in North America whether the headset is even worth getting. They've just bought the game. Chances are you are going to see a lot of them on Ebay shortly.

zerolight
04-11-2003, 20:50
np, I was just confused by your post. No one knows how many limited editions are available, but there are only a few online stores offering it at the moment. I haven't heard from my mates in North America whether the headset is even worth getting. They've just bought the game. Chances are you are going to see a lot of them on Ebay shortly.

be interesting to see what the headset really is like. it looks a wee bit plasticy there to me.... what I'd love is a full set of cans with a mic on them... you know, for early morning gaming whilst the missus is still asleep.

zerolight
06-11-2003, 08:34
just been checking out the options in the manual. only played a single player mission so far. you have an option to hear dialogue through speakers or headset. the nice thing is that this includes computer voices. so all mission broadcasts from command and your team can come through the headset. online it can be setup just like GRIT either through headset or speakers. only difference is in single player games, where you can here anyone within 15m of you through headset or speakers, depending on your choice.

smythe100
06-11-2003, 09:00
I played the demo for RB6 for the first time last night, the missus couldn't stop laughing at me shouting Go Go Go! at the screen, then preceded to ring her friends to tell them how sad Iâ₠¬ÃƒÆ’¢â€žÂ¢ve become. I think I might try the early morning thing, before sheââ‚Âà ‚¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¾Ã‚¢s awake.

zerolight
06-11-2003, 15:04
I played the demo for RB6 for the first time last night, the missus couldn't stop laughing at me shouting Go Go Go! at the screen, then preceded to ring her friends to tell them how sad Iâ₠¬ÃƒÆ’¢â€žÂ¢ve become. I think I might try the early morning thing, before sheââ‚Âà ‚¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¾Ã‚¢s awake.

voice commands dont work in the demo mate. and in the full game they are pretty un responsive. you have to yell really lound in a yank accent.

XiceWolf
06-11-2003, 15:21
They do work in the demo but only sometimes for some reason. You need to look at the area you want them to move to and say go go go. The option to issue a command will appear in the bottom of the screen in the middle.

smythe100
06-11-2003, 15:28
They do work in the demo but only sometimes for some reason. You need to look at the area you want them to move to and say go go go. The option to issue a command will appear in the bottom of the screen in the middle.

I did find it helps to put on a yank accent. Couldn't get the 'go go go' to work, but will try directing them cheers.

fluds
06-11-2003, 15:29
voice commands dont work in the demo mate. and in the full game they are pretty un responsive. you have to yell really lound in a yank accent.
Yep I also had the voice commands working in the demo version, seen it local today so may pick it up after work or wait for Game to stock tomorrow incase I want to take it back.

Boom
06-11-2003, 16:19
Got a confirmation that my RS3 + headset is on route from GAME. Still wish I could have find out about the Tesco order. Oh well!

Caspar
07-11-2003, 09:45
Right!

My Tesco Limited Edition turned up this morning :D

...but they didn't send the headset :( I ordered the LE one but didn't get it.... not happy...since Tesco are like £10 more expensive than say play.com!

I've phoned them up to complained and have been told their computer system is down, and to call back in an hour....oh yes!

Caspar
07-11-2003, 10:28
Whoops!

Looks like I ordered the wrong one!!! I have to return that one and order the right one :(

Still Tesco.com are £10 cheaper than Game! :D for the headset edition

XiceWolf
07-11-2003, 10:52
:rofl: muppet

Boom
07-11-2003, 11:08
I think mine has arrived. I'm hoping to be on tonight, but I might be a tad tipsy tonight. Look out for the drunken sniper in RS3 (or possibly the drunken grenade thrower, teammates beware!), drunken fighter pilot in CS, and/or drunken tennis player in Top Spin.

XiceWolf
07-11-2003, 11:22
Iam going to try and rent it today, just hope my blockbusters has cleared out the ancient xbox games :D

Caspar
07-11-2003, 13:04
Just to let all know I have setup a dedicated Rainbow server, find me on my CasparUK gamerTag.

This server will be online for the foreseable future, unless I'm playing, else I hope it will just a non-dedicated server, with me and the rest of the NTHW Xbox clan playing....all are welcome :D

Boom
07-11-2003, 14:44
Just to let all know I have setup a dedicated Rainbow server, find me on my CasparUK gamerTag.

This server will be online for the foreseable future, unless I'm playing, else I hope it will just a non-dedicated server, with me and the rest of the NTHW Xbox clan playing....all are welcome :D

How many ppl can you hold on the server?

Caspar
07-11-2003, 15:12
Dunno yet...only had 7 was max...and I didn't hear any lag complaints :)

We'll see!...but it looks like a heavy weight game..so I honestly can't see more than GR, which is 6/7 or 8 at best....out of 16 this is poor me thinks.

On dedicated server...who knows! I'm sure we'll find out shortly!

Boom
07-11-2003, 16:18
Dunno yet...only had 7 was max...and I didn't hear any lag complaints :)

We'll see!...but it looks like a heavy weight game..so I honestly can't see more than GR, which is 6/7 or 8 at best....out of 16 this is poor me thinks.

On dedicated server...who knows! I'm sure we'll find out shortly!

That's why I'm thinking of setting up at work tomorrow afternoon after all the rugby. Not sure when the GB rally highlights are on?

Boom
07-11-2003, 17:26
Oooohh...headset is very good. No clip! Adjustable mike as well. Very nice.

Tezcatlipoca
07-11-2003, 17:50
I ordered the headset edition from Tesco. Should arrive tomorrow.

HornetUK
08-11-2003, 07:40
So how good is the game? As GAME are now doing buy now return before January 14th. Long rental!

Caspar
08-11-2003, 09:34
Nice1 Game! :D (they do this every year!)

*cough* you mean long 'trial' period, of course (we've had some Game employees surfing here b4 you know ;) )

Rainbow is a great game, combining all the best bits from GR and SCell, which is in true Ravenshield style.

Def gets my vote :tu: :D

There's so much to describe I couldn't do it justice! Just go and rent it, *cough* sorry trial it :p and see how good it is :D

Jarandco
08-11-2003, 09:56
Nice1 Game! :D (they do this every year!)

*cough* you mean long 'trial' period, of course (we've had some Game employees surfing here b4 you know ;) )

Rainbow is a great game, combining all the best bits from GR and SCell, which is in true Ravenshield style.

Def gets my vote :tu: :D

There's so much to describe I couldn't do it justice! Just go and rent it, *cough* sorry trial it :p and see how good it is :D

Yeah i noticed the 10 days "trial" has become about 2 months now! :D

Hmm i wonder when i can get it or what i should trade it....

NEONKNIGHT
08-11-2003, 10:06
Is this extended trial of 2 months just for the Christmas period ?

Caspar
08-11-2003, 13:09
yep...they do it every year...for Christmas present reasons...to motivate game sales for presents you see ;) :D

NEONKNIGHT
08-11-2003, 13:31
yep...they do it every year...for Christmas present reasons...to motivate game sales for presents you see ;) :D

KERR-CHING! £ÃÆ ’‚£Ãà¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚£Ãƒââ‚ ¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚£Ãƒâ€š £ÂÃâ €šÃ‚£Ãƒâ€šÃ‚à ƒâ€šÃ‚£ÃƒÆ’‚ £ÃƒÆ’‚£Ã ƒâ€šÃ‚£

;)

Caspar
08-11-2003, 13:38
:LOL: :D

..did you watch Jonathan Woss last night, with Brucey and his Sky plugs!!! :D

zoombini
08-11-2003, 13:41
Well, I thought that getting the headset was worth the little extra.
How wrong I was.

I'm told that my voice sounds OK on it, but its very hard to hear what others are saying.

The earpiece is much, much quiter than the official one.
(Yes, even with the volume turned up).

The headband also hurts after a while, at the ends where it clamps onto the head.

If your going to get this, be warned about the headset.

IF you too already have one and it is NOT quiete please say so... then I may just return/swap it.

Zoobini.

zoombini
08-11-2003, 13:42
headset= crap.

Caspar
08-11-2003, 14:24
I just thrashed a server full of Americans :D

Bowser
08-11-2003, 15:46
Well, I thought that getting the headset was worth the little extra.
How wrong I was.

I'm told that my voice sounds OK on it, but its very hard to hear what others are saying.

The earpiece is much, much quiter than the official one.
(Yes, even with the volume turned up).

The headband also hurts after a while, at the ends where it clamps onto the head.

If your going to get this, be warned about the headset.

IF you too already have one and it is NOT quiete please say so... then I may just return/swap it.

Zoobini.

I got the headset version too. It doesn't seem quiet to me tho, it is abit uncomfortable, but at least it won't break as easily as my three official headsets that already have broke.

ic14
08-11-2003, 16:06
Im in the middle of persuding my dad to let me have the headset version before xmas... not going well though...

Caspar
08-11-2003, 16:25
You need to educate him, that the headset version is value for money and will help you in your education and allow you to have a prosperous career. Only once you have been educated can you have a good career, only when you have a good career will you be able to support him in his old ageââ‚Âà ‚¬Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¦

Carlito
08-11-2003, 17:16
Since stepping on my "good" headset, I thought I'd by RS3 with the headset,and I must agree that it is absolute bo***cks!! I had people kicking me out of rooms because it was makin some sort of buzzing sound, so I've now got a roll of Sellotape on my original!!

Anyone got any ideas on repairing a dodgy headset?!

ic14
08-11-2003, 17:48
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dispatch estimate: November 17, 2003 - November 24, 2003

Delivery estimate: November 18, 2003 - November 25, 2003

1 "Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six 3 Headset Edition (Xbox)"

Video Game; @ GBP 39.99 each

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dispatch estimate: December 5, 2003 - December 6, 2003

Delivery estimate: December 8, 2003 - December 9, 2003

1 "Gregory Horror Show"

Video Game; @ GBP 16.99 each

Well its ordered! Lets hope i can convince him to let me have it as soon as it comes :)

NEONKNIGHT
08-11-2003, 18:35
I havn't found it uncomfortable to use when playing the game. :shrug:

Not used it on LiVE though but will give it a try sometime to see if I get the same problems.

Bowser
08-11-2003, 19:14
I haven't found it uncomfortable to use when playing the game. :shrug:

Not used it on LiVE though but will give it a try sometime to see if I get the same problems.

Its not that uncomfortable, but it gaves me a heart-attack when it's light didn't work and I thought it had broke, but I took it out and then put it back in after 20 seconds and then it magically worked.

zoombini
08-11-2003, 19:51
Since stepping on my "good" headset, I thought I'd by RS3 with the headset,and I must agree that it is absolute bo***cks!! I had people kicking me out of rooms because it was makin some sort of buzzing sound, so I've now got a roll of Sellotape on my original!!

Anyone got any ideas on repairing a dodgy headset?!

He, He... you asked for it!

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/zoombini/Zoombinis_headset_repair_tip.htm

Caspar
09-11-2003, 00:42
Bloody hell mate that's ages away :(

I'd order it from Tesco.com m8...you'll have it in a few days... (with headset)

Caspar
09-11-2003, 00:44
Has anyone downloaded the screensaver...

R63 screensaver (http://www.playmore.com/rainbowsix3/Rainbow_six3_en_setup.exe) :D

Bowser
09-11-2003, 02:06

R63 screensaver (http://www.playmore.com/rainbowsix3/Rainbow_six3_en_setup.exe) :D
I have!

NEONKNIGHT
09-11-2003, 09:43

Very nice! Cheers. ;)

ic14
09-11-2003, 13:11

I'd order it from Tesco.com m8...you'll have it in a few days... (with headset)Its not on the site anymore, only the non-headset version. And i want the headset!

BTW there being sent seperately ;)

Caspar
09-11-2003, 13:48
I never found it on Tesco.com :(

..but Bowser gave me this link:
http://www.tesco.com/entertainment/SearchBrowse.asp?Item=539484&F=MM

For the LE headset version, for the same price of the normal version, £39.99. ..£10 cheaper than Game :D

zoombini
09-11-2003, 16:51
Game have them in stock.
I'm glad thats where I got mine, so I can take the headset back next weekend.

scotsbraveheart
09-11-2003, 18:34
does anybody have any idea what the elo stands for on the stats screen when you play this live?? :shrug:

XiceWolf
09-11-2003, 18:37
Apparantly its some kind of rating system that is used in chess to determine skill. It was posted on bxb but that may not be accurate.

Carlito
09-11-2003, 19:06
Cheers Zoombini, I don't wear glasses though so I'll give MS a ring, see how much more money they want off me!!

Tezcatlipoca
09-11-2003, 23:14

I'd order it from Tesco.com m8...you'll have it in a few days... (with headset)

Tesco? Pah! They haven't even shipped mine yet :(

I think I'll just cancel my Tesco order & get it from GAME or Gameplay.

Prob just get the normal one too, seeing as people are saying the headset is crap.

XiceWolf
09-11-2003, 23:32
ye man get it tommorow, every night you are missing out big style !! I just spent about 2 hours in a 12 player game and it kicks ass. Smoke is my friend in this game :D

Tezcatlipoca
09-11-2003, 23:37
does anybody have any idea what the elo stands for on the stats screen when you play this live?? :shrug:

Apparantly its some kind of rating system that is used in chess to determine skill. It was posted on bxb but that may not be accurate.

I've just had a look for the message at BritXBox about this, but can't find it.

But, from what I can remember:

Yep, it's based on some chess ranking system. If you beat someone higher up in the ranking than you, you score a lot more than beating someone below you. So if anyone preys on newbies, it won't get them any higher in the rankings.

Tezcatlipoca
09-11-2003, 23:38
ye man get it tommorow, every night you are missing out big style !! I just spent about 2 hours in a 12 player game and it kicks ass. Smoke is my friend in this game :D

Yeah, I'm definitely gonna get it tomorrow (if I get back from work in time before GAME shuts!)

I've just emailed the monkeys at Tesco & cancelled my order.

Boom
10-11-2003, 13:50
Things I hate about RS3:

1. Where's the rate of fire selection for the automatic weapons? You can only simulate single-shot or burst by how quick you pull the trigger.
2. Where's the choice of weapon add-ons like sound-suppressors, larger ammo clips, and mini scopes? You get what you're given with the weapon. Complete *****e.
3. The single-player levels are more confined and more restrictive in the order of completing objectives.
4. The enemy AI on Elite is complete *****e, can't imagine how bad it is on Veteran or Recruit.
5. Where the h3ll is the prone position?
6. Team members don't die, there just incapacitated and up and ready to fight in the next mission no problem.
7. Explosive barrels? How unimaginative is that?
8. Defuse mp mission? Where?

Things I like about RS3 over the PC version:
1. Shadows are good and accurate weapon modelling in the shadow.
2. Dieter Webber sounds like Arnold.
3. Sounds are excellent.
4. Rag-doll physics are improved.
5. No stealth missions (although can be fun sometimes, it can be a pain on Elite on PC).

There might be other things I like and hate about the game, but that about somes it up. This game is dumbed down in the extreme from its PC counter-part. While the online mp game is fun it still suffers from the limitations mentioned. The developers made this game to be like a CS style of gameplay (though movement is still more restrictive in RS3) and, although it might appeal to a wider audience, CS will beat this hands-down. I expect the RS6 series to be a more realistic type of game, not to move towards a more arcade feel.

I think I'm going back to Ravenshield on PC, despite all its patches and occasional server problems and I eagerly await a cheat-free CS on Xbox.

NEONKNIGHT
10-11-2003, 18:36
I still like RS6. Sure, it's got some problems with it (AI could be better, voice commands sometimes don't work as they should) but overall I'm impressed. IMO a top FPS for Xbox.

zoombini
11-11-2003, 13:00
Things I hate about RS3:

4. The enemy AI on Elite is complete *****e, can't imagine how bad it is on Veteran or Recruit.
5. Where the h3ll is the prone position?
6. Team members don't die, there just incapacitated and up and ready to fight in the next mission no problem.
8. Defuse mp mission? Where?

4. The enemy AI is shi!te? how come, they are little buggers & pop up when you least expect them. Can you expand some more on your opinion of them?

5. That I miss too.
6. And how the heck would you play more games if your team got killed off.
You only have a few to go through.
8. Apparently that is going to be a downloadable update as it was not ready when the game was launched (sourced from someone who emailed UBI about it).

Boom
11-11-2003, 13:16
4. The enemy AI is shi!te? how come, they are little buggers & pop up when you least expect them. Can you expand some more on your opinion of them?

5. That I miss too.
6. And how the heck would you play more games if your team got killed off.
You only have a few to go through.
8. Apparently that is going to be a downloadable update as it was not ready when the game was launched (sourced from someone who emailed UBI about it).

4. They don't respond and co-ordinate their actions as a team like they do in Ravenshield. They just come out into the open and stand there like pylons when another terror is shot (though sometimes they do take cover when rushing). Other terrors around corners have just shot straight into the wall. In Ravenshield, they will come from multiple directions (once again the confinement of the Xbox version of the game comes into play) and try to pin you down, while another team moves in to try to finish you off.

6. Your team, in EVERY other Rainbow game, has comprised more than just 4 members and each member has different characteristics, thus making it possible for subsequent missions more difficult to complete if you choose to finish a mission with dead teammates. Thus there is an emphasis on beating the missions with your team intact instead of them coming back from the dead in a storyline that takes place over a number of days.

8. Dumb, very dumb. The only reason I can see them including HH and Defuse at a later date is so that they can soften the blow that CS will make in early December. All game types should have been included from the start.

Caspar
11-11-2003, 18:38
Win yourself a copy here! (http://gamesradar.msn.co.uk/news/default.asp?subsectionid=159&articleid=66181&pagetype=2) ;)

Caspar
11-11-2003, 18:42
I think the big question is "Is it better than GR:IT?"...I think yes on so many levels...although, like Boom...I played Ravensheild on the PC to death...and get confused sometimes how things are different :( esp the map positions..same textures....but the buildings [that we know] are all different! :confused:

I'd play this before GR:IT any day...and will make a comparison to CS when it comes out....but tbh..I never really clicked with CS :confused:

Boom
12-11-2003, 08:14
I think the big question is "Is it better than GR:IT?"...I think yes on so many levels...although, like Boom...I played Ravensheild on the PC to death...and get confused sometimes how things are different :( esp the map positions..same textures....but the buildings [that we know] are all different! :confused:

I'd play this before GR:IT any day...and will make a comparison to CS when it comes out....but tbh..I never really clicked with CS :confused:

It's better than GRIT, but I still enjoy the slow, calculating style of GRIT and it was added to when it came to XBL with voice. It actually improved when it came to XBL.

Rainbow series is obviously a different style of play from the GR series. GR is about large open maps and distanced combat. Rainbow has always been about close quarters combat in urban/industrial environments. Both game series though had a sense of realism, but Ravenshield on PC was the best of the series to date. The Xbox version of Ravenshield has strayed away from that realism and moved more towards CS.

Not that's entirely bad, but the developers must be aware of the fact that CS dominates that area on PC and will most likely pull the same trick on XBL. It's not that I prefer one gamestyle over another, I just prefer them to be more distinct as then it's less of a choice between them.

As I said, I eagerly await a cheat-free CS on XBox.

Ste Riley
12-11-2003, 12:23
but tbh..I never really clicked with CS :confused:

BURN HIM!!

Might have something to do with you getting your arsed kicked on it all the time :PP:

Caspar
12-11-2003, 13:26
BURN HIM!!

Might have something to do with you getting your arsed kicked on it all the time :PP:

yeah, but you're the main one I played...and u're the dog's bites when it comes to CS!!!...no wonder I didn't enjoy you kicking my arse!!!! :p :(

CS/Xbox - things will be different my man! :D

Ricky G
17-11-2003, 15:01
Got this over the weekend and it rocks! I was worried it would be too much like Ghost Recon which was a little slow for my liking. With RS6 you can be cautious and reckless at the same time. Slower but faster. Fr or some reason, even though the plot is completely different I can't help but get the feeling I used to get playing Goldeneye on the N64. There are so many 1st person shooters out there and with the exception of Halo they've all been pretty bad (and that includes Soldier of Fortune 2 as well as Ghost Recon) Even RTCW lost its appeal after a couple of hours. But this just seems so real especially with your orders being barked at you through the headset. Alovely touch for a lovely game and I hope to see you online soon.

NEONKNIGHT
17-11-2003, 18:53
Got this over the weekend and it rocks! I was worried it would be too much like Ghost Recon which was a little slow for my liking. With RS6 you can be cautious and reckless at the same time. Slower but faster. Fr or some reason, even though the plot is completely different I can't help but get the feeling I used to get playing Goldeneye on the N64. There are so many 1st person shooters out there and with the exception of Halo they've all been pretty bad (and that includes Soldier of Fortune 2 as well as Ghost Recon) Even RTCW lost its appeal after a couple of hours. But this just seems so real especially with your orders being barked at you through the headset. Alovely touch for a lovely game and I hope to see you online soon.

Yep! totally agree with your 'Goldeneye on the N64 feeling' about this game, now that you mention it. Good analogy that!

:)

zoombini
18-11-2003, 12:44
With GR I tend to hang back a lot & wait for the enemy to come to me, with this I am attacking more, mainly due to the lack of decent safe points. Most areas can be penetrated from several directions.
Clever.