PDA

View Full Version : automatic upgrade then downgrade notice required ?

random_username
05-05-2004, 15:56
hi

I understand that the new cable speeds and pricing come into effect on the 1st of June.

my billing cycle runs from the 16th to the 16th of each month.

do I have to give a months notice to downgrade to the (then) 750k service and if so what date would be optimal for me to do so ?

like many users, I'd like to have 1.5mbps for a month (because it's there and I can) but downgreade to the 750k thereafter because
I don't need 1.5mbps all the time.

finally, if I did want to re-upgrade to 1.5mbps is there a minimum period I have to ahve the service for ?

thanks for reading

random

Marge
05-05-2004, 16:02
No notice to downgrade but if you want to run inline with your billing cycle, so you don't get the dreaded pro rata charges, might be worthwhile waiting till about the 15th. Any package to be kept for one month.

GazzaB
05-05-2004, 16:03
Hi Random,
You can downgrade speed at any time as long as you have had your current level of service for at least 30 days. Upgrades can be completed online from www.ntlworld.com website, downgrades have to go through customer services 0800 0522000. Either way changes must be kept for 30 days before they can be changed again. Billing will be pro-rata if changed during your current billing period.
Hope this helps
Gary ;)

Ooops Debsy has already beaten me to it!

orangebird
05-05-2004, 16:04
hi

I understand that the new cable speeds and pricing come into effect on the 1st of June.

my billing cycle runs from the 16th to the 16th of each month.

do I have to give a months notice to downgrade to the (then) 750k service and if so what date would be optimal for me to do so ?

like many users, I'd like to have 1.5mbps for a month (because it's there and I can) but downgreade to the 750k thereafter because
I don't need 1.5mbps all the time.

finally, if I did want to re-upgrade to 1.5mbps is there a minimum period I have to ahve the service for ?

thanks for reading

random

Hi random,

The price change is effective June 1st, however the speed increases won't take effect til 'late summer' - that's a precise as ntl can be at the moment.

If you wish to downgrade/upgrade you will have to keep down/upgraded service for a minumum of 30 days...)

HTH :)

editbeaten to it....

random_username
05-05-2004, 19:03
The price change is effective June 1st, however the speed increases won't take effect til 'late summer'
thanks to everyone for all the replies.

but, let me get this straight.

NTL announce price increases, telewest announce no price increases and double the speed then NTL quickly announce
50% speed increase but they're not sure when ?

is that about the size of it ?

random

SMHarman
05-05-2004, 19:31
thanks to everyone for all the replies.

but, let me get this straight.

NTL announce price increases, telewest announce no price increases and double the speed then NTL quickly announce
50% speed increase but they're not sure when ?

is that about the size of it ?

random

Well NTL announced a double the speed increase for 600000/1000000 customers 150k to 300k. That's the headline increase. A 25% increase for the next biggest block of customers and a 50% increase for the smallest block.

NTLs price is the same as TWs, but you don't get a multiproduct discount so it is more expensive for most customers.

Timing - well yes...

random_username
05-05-2004, 19:45
so, just another NTL PR/sales cackup ?

ok, thanks for the information :)

random

Chrysalis
06-05-2004, 00:03
it took 4 days from the announcement for telewest customer's to start seeing their new speed's. Ntl??? who knows.