PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else played TOCA Race Driver 2?

Richard M
04-05-2004, 14:47
What do you think of it so far?
IMO, it is better graphically than Gran Turismo and the handling is more realistic too.
The loading times are amazingly quick as well.
Quite a good game to pass the time with, not quite up to the standard of Fry Cry but it's still superb... :)

Neil
04-05-2004, 15:02
I think it's superb too Rich (only played XBOX version)

Emperordalek
04-05-2004, 15:48
I've played it, the cheating online is a bit much though. As I stated in a previous thread, you should not be able to cut corners (and even large parts of the circuits) race the wrong way round the track and generally ruin everyone elses enjoyment.

Some of the lap records are a joke because of this.

On the whole though a good game but not a classic by any means.

Sipowicz
09-05-2004, 21:11
This is the first Driving Game that I have loaded onto this pc and it is driving me crazy! It will not play properly at all! I have more than enough Ram, processor and Graphics to satisfy the recommended requirements, but still it is not playable. (2Ghz processor, 1Gb RAM, Audigy 2 S/Card, Radeon 9600 128Mb G/card)
I have reduced sound output and Graphics, but cannot get past the 1st Lap. It stops and starts, the commentary from Coulthards brother (joke) stutters and locks up along with the sound effects. Anyone got any ideas, before I run back to the shop with it!???

Richard M
09-05-2004, 22:03
:confused:
It runs fine on mine and my system is only very slightly better specced than yours.

Updated all your drivers - sound & video, defrag your HD, patch the game (if there's one out, I have no idea) and set your graphics drivers to "Balanced".
Make sure that FSAA and AF are disabled.

Sipowicz
09-05-2004, 22:22
Updated the video driver only Friday, not checked the sound card yet (but will do!) FSAA and AF ? forgive me, but what are they?

Sipowicz
10-05-2004, 21:27
Just updated the S/Card drivers - no difference! (bah humbug!!)

Richard M
10-05-2004, 22:25
Updated the video driver only Friday, not checked the sound card yet (but will do!) FSAA and AF ? forgive me, but what are they?

Anti-Aliasing and Anisotropic Filtering.
I know the below grab is quite large but you need to see each part.
Right click on the desktop, click Properties, go to Settings then click Advanced.
Go to the 3D tab and make sure that "balanced" is set for Direct3D or OpenGL.

You can also use custom settings like I do where you can alter the amount of different things.

Sipowicz
10-05-2004, 23:06
Thanks I'll give it a whirl later......

Tristan
11-05-2004, 00:00
Does anyone know where I can download the demo that doesn't involve having to give Codemasters my name, e-mail address, mobile number and inside leg measurement?

Richard M
11-05-2004, 01:49
You could try Gamespy's Fileplanet - www.fileplanet.com