PDA

View Full Version : Spybot S&D/ Avenue A.Inc

iadom
04-05-2004, 11:26
I use Spybot S&D along with Ad Aware and Pest Patrol.
In the past two days when browsing to some sites .Arsenal FC, Everton FC and others not football related I have been presented with a pop up, reporting that Spybot S&D has blocked "Avenue A,Inc" on this page.
I have had Spybot S&D on this PC for a good while now and this is the first time it has ever automatically flagged up a problem.
Is anyone else seeing this.:confused:

ian@huth
04-05-2004, 13:22
I see that fairly regularly.

Julian
04-05-2004, 13:29
Isn't there something in the options that you can set for this function?

I seem to remember it started happening to me after the last upgrade so I turned it off. :)

iadom
04-05-2004, 16:23
Isn't there something in the options that you can set for this function?

I seem to remember it started happening to me after the last upgrade so I turned it off. :)How did you manage that, just checked the Settings menu, only thing I could see that may do this is in the "Main Settings sub list.
option to untick, "Display confirmation dialog before doing critical changes"
Any other suggestions?

Indians
04-05-2004, 18:57
It's on the 'Immunize' page in the Spybot- S&D Tab.

Look for 'Permanently running bad download blocker for Internet explorer' Section.
There are 3 options, one being 'silent blocking' or you can uninstall this option, which is what I did as I seemed to get some problems with it.
HTH

iadom
04-05-2004, 19:05
Excellent, good call, Thanks, Jim.

Indians
04-05-2004, 19:33
No problem, glad to help.

Paul K
04-05-2004, 20:17
On the topic of Spybot there is a new RC version out if anyone wants to give it a try
http://www.spybot-updates.com/files/spybotsd13rc5.exe
It is a release candidate though so take care installing it on your main PC as it is NOT a final version.

donky oaty
19-05-2004, 22:50
I use Spybot S&D along with Ad Aware and Pest Patrol.
In the past two days when browsing to some sites .Arsenal FC, Everton FC and others not football related I have been presented with a pop up, reporting that Spybot S&D has blocked "Avenue A,Inc" on this page.
I have had Spybot S&D on this PC for a good while now and this is the first time it has ever automatically flagged up a problem.
Is anyone else seeing this.:confused:
I get that warning when I browse

http://www.ntlworld.com/

Both avenue A and double click :D

kingdutka
03-08-2005, 20:34
Spybot is reporting that Avenua A is on my PC and I keep "fixing" it and it keeps coming back. How can I get rid of it for good, and why wasn't it blocked?

paul11974
03-08-2005, 20:41
get microsoft anti spyware its much better

nffc
03-08-2005, 22:35
Get Firefox :)

greencreeper
03-08-2005, 22:57
Can sometimes happen if Spybot becomes corrupted. Try "un-immunising", removing Spybot, clearing the Restricted sites list (Security tab in IE settings) and all the sites from the Privacy tab... Edit... list. Then reinstall Spybot.