PDA

View Full Version : Switching Pace STB's around

layte100
02-05-2004, 12:51
I currently have 3 Pace set top boxes in my house, one of which is used for Boradband. I wish to get rid of two of these boxes and just keep one in the main room. My only problem is that the box that is activated for BB is one of those I wish to get rid of.

My question is can I just unplug the BB enabled box and plug it into the coax in the main living room without any problems?

Alanmelon
02-05-2004, 12:57
ntl are going to have to come and collect those other boxes anyway, so you may as well just explain to them what you want and get the engineer to do it for you.

layte100
02-05-2004, 12:59
Only problem being I need to switch the Box's around tomorrow afternoon.

Alanmelon
02-05-2004, 13:04
If it's a matter of urgency then trying it out won't hurt, although I'm sure someone will be along here in a while to tell you if you're going to be wasting your time. In which case it'll be an engineer job anyway.

Bill C
02-05-2004, 13:07
I currently have 3 Pace set top boxes in my house, one of which is used for Boradband. I wish to get rid of two of these boxes and just keep one in the main room. My only problem is that the box that is activated for BB is one of those I wish to get rid of.

My question is can I just unplug the BB enabled box and plug it into the coax in the main living room without any problems?

It should work, Just let the engineer know what you have done so he can register the location where you have moved the box to.

homealone
02-05-2004, 13:09
the info in this link

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/robin.d.h.walker/cmtips/register.html#pacereg

may help?

wheeliebin
02-05-2004, 13:29
the info in this link

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/robin.d.h.walker/cmtips/register.html#pacereg

may help?

That link wont be necessary as the STB and PC will already be registered.
What the chap is asking is can he simply move the location of the STB. He of course can and it should be fairly easy if all the cabling is already installed.

layte100
02-05-2004, 13:43
That link wont be necessary as the STB and PC will already be registered.
What the chap is asking is can he simply move the location of the STB. He of course can and it should be fairly easy if all the cabling is already installed.
Thanks for the info.:)