PDA

View Full Version : Moving....

slimshady
28-04-2004, 09:25
Right im looking for some advise on this one....

I'm moving in July in with some mates and we both have ntl services, however the account holder in their house is moving out, and they as they are mostly students they signed up for the tasty toast - 9month deal. So they can happily get out of their contract. However, I signed up via my then associate deal (I have since seen sense and left ntl), and believe I am tied to a twelve month contract, and will be about 10months into it when I move out. Can anyone particularly someone who works in Celtic Moves and Transfers advise what the best way would be to tackle this. The only difference in our services is that they have analogue and I have digital, and I think would prefer to have digital - but were not that bothered about all that. We also have cable modem and phone. Also theres the added complication that really the house I am moving into would probably rather keep their phone number than mine.

Can anyone advise the best course of action? Do we know if its going to cost me any money to move the services?

So basically am I going to get done for like 50 quid for moving? or will they have me for getting out of the contract early or can we switch the other account holders account into my name? Or can I just move my services and keep their number or will I have to take mine with me or infact have a new one?

Thanks in Advance.

Slim.

Macca
28-04-2004, 10:36
No charge for moving house, so this would be the best option for you as they may would probably hold you to the 12 months as your new address has ntl available. It is generally not an option to keep the number of the previous account holder of the house that you are moving into but it is possible if you explain the circs. Hope this helps.

slimshady
28-04-2004, 11:29
cheers - i thought that would be the kind of answer - ill warn them all their loosing their number lol!!