PDA

View Full Version : XBOX: Will a splitter make xbox worse?

zoombini
18-07-2003, 13:26
We have been considering having a 2nd STB, so AFAIKR that would need a splitter in the cable.

Before we take the leap I want to make sure that I do not ruin my xbox play, will a splitter make a difference to the outgoing signal & reduce the number I can host/give me lag etc?

Cheers...

SMHarman
18-07-2003, 14:41
Not if it is set up properly.

When you get it installed make sure the tech / installer checks the signal levels going to the original STB, not just that a picture still appears.

They may then need to fiddle in the external cabinet to increase the signal to your house.

I've 2 STBs and a SACM on my cable and there is no problem hosting games on my PC.

zoombini
18-07-2003, 14:53
So the higher the signal level in, the better my signal out will be after going through the splitter?

Would it ever be able to be the same?
I have heard that they drop the signal level 3db, so would that make a difference going back the other way? dropping that 3db too?

Boom
18-07-2003, 15:53
I have 2 STBs as well and have had no problems (aside from NTL's connex cutting out last Sunday). I'm not sure what they did, but I've got wires all over my house because of it, yet I am able to host just as well as anyone else I know.

Arges
18-07-2003, 16:25
I too have a splitter as I have a SACM and a STB, and have no problems hosting/ playing etc. Other than NTL needing to re cable to my house and so I can't get online until next week that is :(

zoombini
18-07-2003, 22:00
Okidoki then, thanks...