PDA

View Full Version : TV service cut

Nitrox
21-04-2004, 21:10
Since NTL recently implemented their new internal system for billing etc, I have had never ending problems with my TV service being cut. I am told, when I phone up, that's it because of late payment. OK, so lets take last months bill. Dated 10th March, I paid it over the phone with my debit card on 5th April. Far too late you might say, but where on the bill does it state the payment terms ? I have subsequently been told by CS that payment is due immediately on receipt of the bill. I have always paid my previous bills at least a week before I know the next one is due. Never had any problems, and never had the service cut.

Tonight I phone up CS, and spoke to a very pleasant Scottish lady who said she would have the service turned on within the hour. That was at 6.10 pm. At 7.30 pm I phone back and speak to another Scottish lady who said the previous lady had not turned on a certain package and that she had now sorted the problem. Really ? Guess what......

I do not want to spend my evenings on the phone to CS trying to sort out sh1te all the time. They were really helpful at CS, but do they really know what they're doing ? Why am I still not reconnected ?

And, no doubt when I get my next bill, I will be charged for a service I have not had for the past 2 days. And I probably won't have the energy or can be bothered to raise the point to CS.

Just annoying.

Bifta
22-04-2004, 00:46
If you're paying a bill nearly a month late, I'm not surprised they cut you off, I'm not saying it's right, but Sky cut me off once for paying less than 2 weeks late, to prevent it happening the solution is obvious, either change your payment date to match a period when you are able to pay the bill, or just pay it as close to on time as possible.

Nikko
22-04-2004, 00:49
Or set up a Direct Debit

Paul
22-04-2004, 01:02
This story sounds very familiar ......

Neil
22-04-2004, 08:12
Moved to Billing Discussion forum.

NitroNutter
22-04-2004, 08:46
and what was your previous bill, id be willing to bet you got 2 in march but for different billing periods.
or maybe dated 29th feb and 10th of march but still both will have arrived in march not much further than 10 days apart

gary_580
22-04-2004, 09:19
why do people have to play games with bill paying and then whinge like mad when they get their fingers burnt. BE MORE REASONABLE!!!

zoombini
23-04-2004, 08:16
OMFG! now this takes the biscuit!

I too have just joined the ranks of those that have been "cut off"!
We discovered this last night, barely 24 hours after I had been discussing (for the 4th time) the bill with an NTL CSR because we had not recieved the previous bill which is higher than normal & therefor could not pay it until we knew why.

Just 24 ish hours ago we received this months bill, along with a letter saying that despite previous notification (???????WTF!) we should contact them to prevent our services being cut off.

So I did, I explained to the CSR that if I did not have a bill then how would I know what I was paying for, especially since the bill differed from the norm. I argued about a paltry 49p sum that had been added, supposdily from a pay game, yet I had previously had all the games removed & this 49p was supposedly from February (I recall having this removed before).

Now I have to make the calls to CSR to get it turned back on.

FFS, this company goes from pathetic to stupidity, the arse does not know what the elbow is doing & the bits in between are incompetent, petty & a bunch of plonka's!! :mad: :mad: (I'd use something stonger, but it would get filtered).

So who's a CSR that covers burnley? whats the number to call to sort this out (a UK number, not an indian one please)...

Neil
23-04-2004, 08:19
Is it only me that can see a pattern emerging here......? :erm:

Paul
23-04-2004, 09:19
Is this down to teething troubles with the new billing system - is it issuing instructions to cut people off to quickly ?

I'd love to give NTL the benefit of the doubt, after all, three people is a small number and could just be genuine mistakes - but ....... that nagging doubt is creeping in - esp for non DD people atm.

Nemesis
23-04-2004, 09:58
Thread Closed.

We have noticed an influx of similar biling problem threads, and so have created a common thread for people to post their New Billing System Issues. Here (http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/showthread.php?t=11446)