PDA

View Full Version : Not A Very Happy Broadband Customer

_Dom_
16-04-2004, 18:59
*sigh* well after over 2 hours i now have my broadband back lets bring you up to speed on what happened

December 1st - Bill Payer Changes Billing Account For TV And Broadband

April 16th

4:30 - get home to find my laptop cannot connect to the internet on my network (current set up - 1 computer connected to the cable modem with a usb wifi card connecting to my laptop) changed my settings (shut down firewall and the like) tried a cable connection (cat 5e) then looked stumped

5:00 - tryed my server to check its internet connection it was gone
5:01 - rung up the NTL World report a fault line and gave my details
5:08 - was told my account had been suspended and id have to be transfered to get the details;
5:20 - call answered and told sorry i had been redirected to the wrong call center and would be directed to the right one
5:33 - explained my situation yet again was told i couldnt have the infomation due to the fact that i am not the bill payer
5:40 bill payer on phone (bill payer doesnt use the computer and has no knowlage)
6:30 bill payer (now not very happy) puts down the phone

------
what had happened i hear you ask..

well when we changed the billing account in december we changed it for both the tv and the broadband

it seems the tv changed fine but the broadband didnt

ntl said "they sent several e-mails a month explaining that there was money overdue" (they also said the bill payer was being charged for the e-mails)

so they had been taking the money out of the wrong account and not registering it

hopefully it is sorted now but i have 1 thing to say

i didnt get any e-mails a month from NTL (apart from this insider) i get about 120 e-mails a day about 50 of them are spam when i heard they sent us e-mails i did a search and found this

-----------------------------
Subject: Outstanding
-----------------------------
turns out this was the only e-mail they have sent me regarding overdue payments i didnt look at it because

a) it didnt have anything to do with NTL or Broadband in the title
b) outstanding could mean so much in a subject
c) it basicly looked like spam

so this has been my rant

i am calmer now

thanks a lot

Dom

Florence
16-04-2004, 19:20
Hello Dom

:welcome: to these forums. You will find a wealth of members here that can help and are always willing to help as long as they don't recieve any abuse.

Hope you enjoy your time with us, you will find we are a good community of cable and ADSL customers all looking to help each other.

_Dom_
16-04-2004, 19:31
is this price increase definate then...if so i will be downgrading as well

Florence
16-04-2004, 19:45
is this price increase definate then...if so i will be downgrading as well

Dom what speed are you on the price increase is only on the 1mb service. If you are a new customer then you can perhaps work a deal with them.. those like me who are out of contract are not treated to any perks...

_Dom_
16-04-2004, 23:10
i am on 1mbit have been since before november soon to be 600kb it will seem

Florence
16-04-2004, 23:29
i am on 1mbit have been since before november soon to be 600kb it will seem

Its going up by £3.00 but its just one more thing going up when I have no wage increase for ages. There is no money in the bank to cover such an increase so instead of worrying where it would come from I am having £10 back into my bank