PDA

View Full Version : help me plz

wizardman
16-07-2003, 15:15
im getting very angry at the fact that i keep getting firewall alerts
about 40 per day and it isnt my own ip number
the report says that the person is on an ntl standalone modem
i rang tech support and got told to send an attachment with the reports wich i have and no response
so i sent the reports in text form like now and still no response
iv been doin this for 4wks now and it is really peckin my bloody head anyone got any solutions for me plz:confused: :spin:

btw it is the same ip all the time

Nemesis
16-07-2003, 15:36
What's the firewall in use ?

Ben
16-07-2003, 15:57
Where did you send the reports too ?

Forward them onto abuse@ntlworld.com

BubbleGum
16-07-2003, 16:00
Originally posted by wizardman
im getting very angry at the fact that i keep getting firewall alerts
about 40 per day and it isnt my own ip number
the report says that the person is on an ntl standalone modem
i rang tech support and got told to send an attachment with the reports wich i have and no response
so i sent the reports in text form like now and still no response
iv been doin this for 4wks now and it is really peckin my bloody head anyone got any solutions for me plz:confused: :spin:

btw it is the same ip all the time
Turn your firewall alerts off and then tell us what your game is here (http://www.nthellworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=960) :rolleyes:

Enterian
16-07-2003, 16:00
Can you put the IP address on a block list and drop all packets from it?

Enterian

iadom
16-07-2003, 16:02
Originally posted by wizardman

Just ignore them, safe in the knowledge that your firewall is doing its job. If the scans are to Port 80..137..139 or 445 they are almost certainly coming from a virus infected PC and the owner could be blissfully unaware that he is compromised. I have one Ntl user whose PC scans port 139, 50/60 times a month and it has been going on over four months.

wizardman
16-07-2003, 19:11
i have sent a mail to the right place now and i got automated reply thanx all for helping apart fron 1 idiot called Bluetack
one day you will stick to the wrong thing and eeek im sayin no more rofl