PDA

View Full Version : Working Lunch

testcard
15-07-2003, 17:17
What can you get to eat for £1.00 or less at work, school etc.

Today
A hot BLT sandwich on granary bread 62p
Scone,jam and cream 10p
Coffee 15p
Total 87p

bopdude
15-07-2003, 17:40
Up at the working men's club you can get a jumbo chicken salad bun amongst others for £1.00 exactly, and they are worth it, take some eating :)

danielf
15-07-2003, 17:45
Originally posted by testcard
What can you get to eat for £1.00 or less at work, school etc.

Today
A hot BLT sandwich on granary bread 62p
Scone,jam and cream 10p
Coffee 15p
Total 87p

One quid will just about get me a can of coke and a packet of crisps...

kink
15-07-2003, 19:05
Errrrr....... nothing :(

Sodexo has the contract for our canteen and hospital shop.... but i can get a plastic cup of dirty water for 60p....
Oh sorry.... just remembered that it's called the Soup of the Day :cry:

This is how petty they are..... they charge an extra 12p for the polystyrene boxes that you get your takeaway meal in.... it's a completely separate charge.... implying that you can have the food to takeaway without the container :grind:

Needless to say i have a tupperware box at the ready.. and informed the canteen supervisor of my plans today.... she laughed and said 'Go on then Kink.... bring it in'....
My manager seems to think there's going to be trouble from the Sodexo canteen manager..... can't wait :naughty:

Tricky
15-07-2003, 19:16
Ah good old Sodexo, life of the cheap food suppliers (Yes that's cheap food sold for much more than it's worth). They do my works canteen also, 44p for cerial in a morning!

Once went on a corporate race day with meal included to my horror guess who was doing the catering - Sodexo

Steve H
15-07-2003, 19:18
Drinks are free, Sliced Bread is 5p (Including use of the toaster, and free butter), bacons about 10p a slice, same with sausages.. bowl of cereal is 25p.. And So on:D

matty4donna
15-07-2003, 23:22
jesus the cafe where i used to work charged 50p just for a coffee! Now i get things at "supermarket" prices - i work from home as im self employed ;)

Lord Nikon
16-07-2003, 00:30
one of my pet hates is those polystyrene cups that they serve coffee / tea in...

You know the ones... they keep the drink at superheated mouth burning temperatures for about a week and a half....

My local petrol station uses them... so I keep a cup in the car lol..