PDA

View Full Version : why do people.............

kronas
15-07-2003, 15:55
get married when they are 16-17 years old etc basically when they are young they also have the habit of having kids at that age is it because they are misguided ignorant due to there age i mean marriage is about loving someone deeply being happy with there company and being prepared to spend the rest of your life with your partner

in the realworld marriage is no more an instituation of what it once was its about 'securing' your partner so they dont run off

IMO i think its wrong at this age to get married and/or have kids for the simple fact that not all of them relationships will be sucessful

if it was me in the position i would get to know the person for a few years and when im old enough and it seems she is compatible go ahead get married of course

basa
15-07-2003, 15:59
Probably better off in 'same sex' relationship.

They seem to get much better thought of. !! :rolleyes:

Chris
15-07-2003, 16:00
So if Avril threw herself at your feet and begged you to make an honest woman of her, you'd say no? ;)

Actually I think you have a point, marriage really should be for life - that's what you swear to, after all - so you should not 'enter into it lightly', to quote the marriage service. That said, it's not impossible for someone to know they've met 'the one' at a young age. One of my friends' parents got married when they were aged 16 and 18. More than 30 years later, they're still very happy.

marcsparks2002
15-07-2003, 16:03
hi kronas,
My wife and i have been together since we were 16 ,we had our first child at 17 and married at 20, we now have 3 children and another on the way :eek: and we are still only 25!
When we got together everyone said it wouldnt last but i still love my wife as i did the day i met her and even more so as time goes on,so it does last on some occasions :) and we are very happy :D but i certainly know of a few people my age whom have met married and divorced inside a year! But then some people hit the first hurdle and say forget it and run.
atb marc

kronas
15-07-2003, 16:17
Originally posted by marcsparks2002
but i certainly know of a few people my age whom have met married and divorced inside a year! But then some people hit the first hurdle and say forget it and run.
atb marc

this is exactly what i mean i did mean some/most not all do 'breakdown' even in the asian community it tends to happen marry them off young pump out kids and im thinking where is the love in that ?

also my point was that marriage should happen when you are mature enough im quite happy with letting people do what they want its just what i think

Originally posted by towny
So if Avril threw herself at your feet and begged you to make an honest woman of her, you'd say no? ;)

TBH theres no chance thats going to happen :p :(

id get to know the 'real' her first and if i thought there was a real relationship that spark that people have then eventually i would but not at my age :nono:

and thats the truth !

Martin
15-07-2003, 23:42
Well if you meet someone and thats the one then fair do! But I would say how do you know at 16? I'm 33 and I still don't know.:)