PDA

View Full Version : Leaving and coming back.

punky
06-04-2004, 02:09
Forgive me if this has been talked about before. I have done a few searches, but nothing specific has come up. Anyways....

With Bulldog, running a 2meg uncapped service for the same price as NTL's 1 meg service (Is only a special offer though, normally it is £42/month), anyway I have been wondering about whether it is worth changing. You can get out of the Bulldog 12 month contract by paying a £50+vat surcharge, and i'm wondering what it is like.

Now, in all fairness to NTL, they haven't provided a bad service by all means. Speed has always been max, even peak time, and uptime has been good. It is only this bloody cap (and to a lesser degree the speed) which is making me look elsewhere, which leads me on to my question: If iI cancel my NTL BB, can I come back without paying installation or getting a new contract?

ATM, I get broadband through a STB and I am out of my initial NTL contract. The cable already runs from downstairs to my room, so there is no physical installation needed. The only "installation" would be flicking the switch NTL's end, back on. Would there be a charge for this? More importantly, would I be re-subjected to a new 12 month contract again? Could I suspend my account for a few months maybe to give the DSL a real good trial?

I intend to keep the digital TV regardless, so the STB shouldn't leave, should it?

Thanx in advance.

Shaun
06-04-2004, 02:15
<snip>

You'll be subject to the same conditions a new subscriber if you go back to Ntl :(

punky
06-04-2004, 02:21
Awww nuts. One way to stamp out competition I guess. I can't see why they need me on a contract. I have no modem, or overheads that need to be paid for, by way of a contract. :(

Thanx for the help though mate.

kronas
06-04-2004, 02:31
what i did was i got my ADSL connection, cancelled my NTL which was 30 days notice so in that period i was still there customer, before the 30 day period was up my new connection was poor, i tried to rectify the problem but i was not getting anywhere, so told NTL i want to continue recieving the service and cancelled the ADSL line.