PDA

View Full Version : e mail dead again

bertJ
31-03-2004, 19:24
ntl e mail not working again in Wirral, Merseyside. No mention on server status page or server status line. Anyone else having problems please? :mad:

paulyoung666
31-03-2004, 19:38
have you tried webmail on the ntl home page ????????????????? :)

bertJ
31-03-2004, 19:44
have you tried webmail on the ntl home page ????????????????? :)
Yes, thanks. webmail OK and e mail just come back!

paulyoung666
31-03-2004, 20:17
Yes, thanks. webmail OK and e mail just come back!

alls well that ends well then :tu:

Neil
31-03-2004, 20:53
ntl email service (Resolved)

31 March 2004 19:39

ntl internet customers on all packages may currently be unable to access some or all of their incoming email accounts, or may find that unread email and mail saved in webmail has temporarily disappeared.
This is due to a problem with one of our email servers.

Our engineers are aware and are working towards a resolution as soon as possible.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this may cause.

This issue is now resolved

:zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz:

Eric55
01-04-2004, 07:03
Its 7.00 am and E.Mail is still down here in South Wales also cannot get web mails either. :confused:

Neil
01-04-2004, 07:09
Its 7.00 am and E.Mail is still down here in South Wales also cannot get web mails either. :confused:

Have you contacted ntl about it?

sparkie
01-04-2004, 07:19
Unable to receive mail from one of my mail accounts via outlook express, keep getting the following error message:

"There was a problem logging onto your mail server. Your Password was rejected. Account: 'pop.ntlworld.com', Server: 'pop.ntlworld.com', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR mail storage services unavailable, wait a few minutes and try again.', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92"

Has been like this since last night (Surrey Area)

JC

sparkie
01-04-2004, 07:26
Further to the above message, does anybody know a relevant e-mail address to report this to NTL. Just haven't got the time to wait for ages on the phone to CS

JC

Neil
01-04-2004, 07:27
You must contact ntl about this.

sparkie
01-04-2004, 07:30
Thanks Neil
What is the best contact number? seem to have so many to choose from!

Neil
01-04-2004, 07:42
Thanks Neil
What is the best contact number? seem to have so many to choose from!

0845 650 0121 for SACM (Stand Alone Cable Modem)

0845 650 0125 for STB (Set Top Box)

Let us know how you get on-remember to get the name/extension number of the person you speak to.

HTH.

sparkie
01-04-2004, 08:06
Thanks Neil

Reported it at 8am, apparently they know there is a problem and they are trying to resolve it as we speak!

JC

Neil
01-04-2004, 08:10
Thanks Neil

Reported it at 8am, apparently they know there is a problem and they are trying to resolve it as we speak!

JC

There's been a 'problem' for about the last 12 months or so. :rolleyes:

Russ
01-04-2004, 09:39
I am so glad I've gone to Pipex. My old ntlworld email address still seems to be open so I still pop my head in there now and then to pick up any message from people who I've forgotten to give my new address to. But no, NTL's legendary mail servers are today doing what they do best... :rolleyes:

xtopher
01-04-2004, 15:10
paulyoung666, I keep seeing you guys mention web mail AND e mail; what's the difference? Forgive my ignorance one only learns by asking the learned! NTL home page; I can see Webmail header and beneath that is e mail login - dooooon't understand.

xtopher

Stuartbe
01-04-2004, 15:12
Usualy with email you download all the mail from the mail server using something called pop3. This basicaly means that you have to download the lot from the server.

With webmail you are in efect looking at the mail on the server without having to download it. You can only use webmail via a web browser.

HTH.

Paul
01-04-2004, 17:52
I have been getting alerts from my monitor of the STMP service all afternoon - it's looking a bit poorly.

paulyoung666
01-04-2004, 18:16
paulyoung666, I keep seeing you guys mention web mail AND e mail; what's the difference? Forgive my ignorance one only learns by asking the learned! NTL home page; I can see Webmail header and beneath that is e mail login - dooooon't understand.

xtopher

another point is , i couldnt recieve mail once and went to webmail , once i deleted the first message i could recieve the rest through outlook express as normal :)

Mick
01-04-2004, 18:19
I have been getting alerts from my monitor of the STMP service all afternoon - it's looking a bit poorly.
And I thought it was just me with a dodgy stomach today.... :D

On a serious note, I have given up relying on my ntlworld account so much so that I have asked friends to use an alternative address.

poolking
01-04-2004, 19:15
Is there a problem in the Stafford area?

I keep getting prompted in Outlook to enter Network Password, even though its receiving the emails without me clicking OK.

Maybe Outlook having a moment?

xtopher
01-04-2004, 21:38
I have set up a copy forward within ntl mail to another mail provider so I have an alternative way of reading stuff urgently. Bit of a housekeeping pain but since NTL have 'improved' their email service (didn't you know?) I felt compelled to 'miprove matters myself!
xtopher

bertJ
01-04-2004, 23:14
I have set up a copy forward within ntl mail to another mail provider so I have an alternative way of reading stuff urgently. Bit of a housekeeping pain but since NTL have 'improved' their email service (didn't you know?) I felt compelled to 'miprove matters myself!
xtopher
Yes, I have forwarded my email to Yahoo Mail for about a year. It works very well and is no trouble to set up. However, presumably for security reasons, they ask for your password quite frequently. It is also important to make sure that the Yahoo Mail cookie doesn't get deleted from your computer. Otherwise you have to supply all your log in details everytime you access your mail.

Neil
02-04-2004, 09:18
What an absolute joke......:dozey:

Neil
02-04-2004, 11:47
You have to laugh-we're only a day & a half into the month, & there are 2 entries on the Server Status Page, & guess what they both are? :rolleyes:

1 April 2004 13:56

ntl Home - All Packages - Mail Service (RESOLVED)

Ntlhome Internet customers using the Ntlworld Mail service may be experiencing problems accessing the service, this is because of a technical fault.

Our engineers are aware of this issue and working on a resolution.

This has now been resolved.

2 April 2004 07:36

ntl Home - All Packages - Mail Service (RESOLVED)

Ntlhome Internet customers using the Ntlworld Mail service may be experiencing problems accessing the service, this is because of a technical fault.

Our engineers are aware of this issue and working on a resolution.

This has now been resolved.

http://www.ntl-isp.ntl.com/lookup/default.asp

Stuartbe
02-04-2004, 11:50
I realy cant believe that you are suprised by this Neil ????

Its not much different from any other month of the year :( I feel sorry for people that have to use it !!

Graham F
02-04-2004, 11:53
You have to laugh-we're only a day & a half into the month, & there are 2 entries on the Server Status Page, & guess what they both are? :rolleyes:

http://www.ntl-isp.ntl.com/lookup/default.asp

NO what is a joke is that at the bottom of the Status page there is a link which says - 'User Community' which takes you to....go on have a guess ;)

Yep your right - it takes you to there holding page for www.nthellworld.com :rolleyes:

Great community there ntl, me thinks someone forgot to take that off the status page ;)

Stuartbe
02-04-2004, 11:56
Great community there ntl, me thinks someone forgot to take that off the status page ;)

You cant blame them for that - After all there YTS web coder only calls once a month :D

poolking
02-04-2004, 20:36
Still Outlook is bringing up the "Enter Password" dialogue box everytime a send/receive takes place. Any clues?

paulyoung666
02-04-2004, 20:44
Still Outlook is bringing up the "Enter Password" dialogue box everytime a send/receive takes place. Any clues?

i occasionally get this with oe , pain in the arse but it clears eventually :erm:

poolking
02-04-2004, 21:15
i occasionally get this with oe , pain in the arse but it clears eventually :erm:
Are you sure about that? Its been happening for a couple of days now and is getting annoying.

paulyoung666
02-04-2004, 22:13
Are you sure about that? Its been happening for a couple of days now and is getting annoying.

yes i am , it only happens occasionally for me , but there you go :)