PDA

View Full Version : AL5 and some AL4 area no connection

Vero
31-03-2004, 17:17
Hi
I have had no connection now since Monday 29th, 3 days and counting! keep being told there is a problem then there isn't now there is again, I gathered that there was a problem somehow! Is any one else with the same?
Vero
Harpenden

Neil
31-03-2004, 17:27
I am presuming you have spoken to ntl Tech Support, & it is them that have told you this?

Can you be a bit more specific about your problem/symptoms? & we'll try to help. :)

Vero
31-03-2004, 17:54
I have spoken to TS on several occasions now, first Iwas told there was a problem in the area it should be on by 6pm (tuesday), it wasn't. I called again this morning and was told the problem in the area was fixed, but I still had no connection, they tried to fix it from Swansea but couldn't. They said they'd send an Engineer, they didn't. I then had a call from them (on my answer machine) to say, if I still had a problem call them and they would send an engineer! I called again and was told the problem in the area had been opened again but they didn't know when it would be fixed, this was at 1530 today.

The problem is I have had absolutely no connection at all for 3 days, I am on the basic £17.99 broadband connection (or not!), having to use OneTel dial up, which actually is not that much slower than my broadband connection when it's working.
Vero

Neil
31-03-2004, 18:04
Did you get the names of the people who told you these 'facts'?

Vero
31-03-2004, 18:09
Did you get the names of the people who told you these 'facts'?
I didn't, well I don't remember what they said! I'll pay more attention in future!:dunce:

Vero
02-04-2004, 10:02
Update:

2 cable engineers, 2 network engineers, several cups of tea and coffee and 3hrs 30mins later we finally have connection again. The engineers were all wonderful, bless 'em, I was told they would arrive between 12-6pm, the first wave arrived at 11.57am, well done guys and thanks. They had to put in a new amplifier and other bits.

Vero:)

David25
02-04-2004, 10:41
I love it when a plan comes together