PDA

View Full Version : email (non)attachments

xtopher
29-03-2004, 11:59
Dear anyone techy,
A friend sends me an email from their Yahoo account to my NTL account. It says there is an attachment - BUT THERE ISN'T! I had a brainwave; I have my NTL setup so that all my mail is copied to my second Yahoo account. Lo and behold the message there DOES have the attchment. I tested this again by forwarding the original meassage from my NTL account to Yahoo and yes the attachment is there. SO, what's the problem with this improved NTL email system then!?
xtopher:disturbd:

Neil
29-03-2004, 12:02
Where are you checking this-Outlook or Webmail?

Stuartbe
29-03-2004, 12:07
:welcome: to the site Xtopher :)

If you are using outlook express then all files will be blocked unless you disable the option.

xtopher
29-03-2004, 13:27
Thanks rof rapid response guys. It is not Outlook Express it is NTL's email which I assume you term 'Webmail' ....xtopher

Stuartbe
29-03-2004, 14:11
Hi Xtopher

Are there any notes on the email. If the mail is getting to you but not the attached file then there will usualy be a .txt file or a bit of text in the header.

Can you PM me the mail header and I will have a look at it for you.

xtopher
29-03-2004, 18:41
Hi Stuartbe, Forive my ignorance of shorthand but 'PM' me? Can't see any .txt etc

xtopher
29-03-2004, 18:49
Stuartbe, Just had a look at the file as it appears in my Yahoo account - the file is a .txt Notepad. Does this throw any light on the problem eg ntl webmail can't handle Notepad type files?
xtopher