PDA

View Full Version : Bobbins Pings

th'engineer
29-03-2004, 01:22
The Junior eng is complaining about bad pings to gameservers anyone NW area noticed bad pings recently

I am told 500ms which is bobbins

Neil
29-03-2004, 01:33
The Junior eng is complaining about bad pings to gameservers anyone NW area noticed bad pings recently

I am told 500ms which is bobbins

Can we see some ping tests/traceroutes to the servers he is having issues on?

Also-where are these servers based?

You should know the score by now-come back when you have the proper info! ;)

Bill C
29-03-2004, 08:16
Go on show us your pings :D :D :D :D

And pings fine here in Warrington "Quake3 and Ghost Recon to mostly UK servers"

Ignition
29-03-2004, 12:07
Not a chance th'eng your area is very well served for upstream bandwidth, last time myself or BBKing checked (last week) absolutely stacks of capacity free, so unless every modem in your area has gravitated to the same upstream as yourself the fault is most likely to lie a bit closer to home than uBR.

I strongly suggest you check how much upstream traffic is going through your modem when th'eng Jnr. is playing. If it's not maxing the modem's upstream cap give myself or BBKing a shout.

td444
29-03-2004, 18:46
Not a chance th'eng your area is very well served for upstream bandwidth, last time myself or BBKing checked (last week) absolutely stacks of capacity free, so unless every modem in your area has gravitated to the same upstream as yourself the fault is most likely to lie a bit closer to home than uBR.

I strongly suggest you check how much upstream traffic is going through your modem when th'eng Jnr. is playing. If it's not maxing the modem's upstream cap give myself or BBKing a shout.
Hey,

Im having issues in the CV2 area of coventry when it comes to latency (or the gain should that be...).

I know there's a new UBR being installed soon (or so I repeatedly told), just wondering if you know of any rough dates as to when my latency hell stops?

I realised there's very little to do. I spoke to someone in coventry customer services the other day who "dedicates" to modems, he said its only a matter of waiting for components from China !

Its now effecting my remote desktop usage, and gaming, and sometimes webpage response as I get packet loss too.

Thanks , td4

td444
31-03-2004, 19:42
JustAnotherN00b,

Thanks for spending some time on my issue - latency all sorted :)

th'engineer
01-04-2004, 10:11
Sorry have not been back to this post, out of the country at the moment, on my way back so will updqte just another noob and bill on return .

Back this afternoon

:)