PDA

View Full Version : Glitching channels

Magpie1
14-07-2003, 10:02
Hi all,

I have the Digital service plus a cable modem, and have occasional problems with channels 'disappearing'. For example, last night I tried to view Bloomberg, ch 112, just a blank screen. This morning, it's fine.

Browsing thru other channels revealed other m.i.a's, SkyOne, E4, and a few others - not that I'd watch them anyhow!

On previous occasions,a channel has decode problems, i.e. audio with 'bursts' of motion video interspersed with stills.

Could this be a signal level problem? I have the obligatory 3dB splitter on the incoming feed. I'd also like to take a feed straight to the TV aerial in - good as Interactive may be, it ain't as quick as Teletext!

Cheers,

Me.

dozysplot
14-07-2003, 20:46
I've been getting these problems for months now,

I'll be watching a channel and then get a minute of a black screen, then ok again, then off, then on etc.

Other times i'll come home and have to reset the box before it will show me any channels at all.....

I actually phoned up this morning and spoke to someone who told me...

1/ When you go to bed at night make sure you turn the box to standby so it can recieve updates (sounds resonable enough but i wasn't totally convinced...)

2/ They were doing routine matinece in my area. no way does this explain every circumstance of the problem happening

Usually once i have reset the box by unpluging it, it solves the issues for a couple of days or so..

wildthing
14-07-2003, 20:59
what do you expect with ntl :td: every channel i've tried to watch has frozen or something at one time or another: devsmoke: teletext through digital is a joke all that says is that it will be coming soon :mad: if they don't sort themselves out soon it will be :upyours: to ntl