PDA

View Full Version : Anyone still have an net.ntl.com address ?

NeilP
27-03-2004, 16:53
Hi all,

I've had an NTL cable account since the very first trial period about 5-6 years ago. I've always had an @net.ntl.com email address - and was wondering if anyone else still has this style of email address.

Can I get it changed to an @ntlworld.com address ? - as I can't use webmail or any of the account maintenance pages on the ntlworld web site.

If I can get it changed to an @ntlworld.com address would my user name stay the same - would <user name>@net.ntl.com become <user name>@ntlworld.com or would I have to change my user name.

Thanks in advance.

paulyoung666
27-03-2004, 17:04
hi and :welcome: to the site , a call to c.s. should sort this out for you , either that or a passing ntl c.s. rep may be able to sort this out for you , i have got a feeling that you will be ok as far as keeping your username , but i am not 100 % certain , sorry :(

br3ach
27-03-2004, 17:24
afaik the username would stay the same its just the xtension at the end that would change. the username is still in use as far as the system is concerned even if its not @ntlworld.com...

a call to customer services or technical support will sort this one out for you

hth

MovedGoalPosts
27-03-2004, 17:25
The ability to keep your username will depend on whehter or not somebody already has it in use as theirs. The more off the wall your current user name, the more likely the ability to keep it.

If you do change your user name, pick something meaningful to you, but as off the wall as possible. Try to stick a few numbers in there if possible, and a few characters like dots or dashes. Simple first name surname addys seem to be easy meat for spammers. More unusual ones are harder for them to guess. Since ntlworld email is full of spam, anything you can do to reduce it will be of benefit.