PDA

View Full Version : Ntl Smtp Blocked

a4pacific
27-03-2004, 12:51
So far I have come across 2 servers which are blocking NTL mail, one is Gawab.com and another is Excite.com. Apparently blocked because of spamming activities !! Have anybody know of anymore servers blocking NTL? What what is NTL going to do about it? NTL SMTP good to us if no one is accepting our mail !

Chris W
27-03-2004, 13:03
i can send to excite.com addresses using the ntl smtp server... i've also had a look on spamhaus (http://www.spamhaus.org/index.lasso) and can't find anything about ntl and spam...

Is anyone else having the same problems??

Neil
27-03-2004, 16:33
So far I have come across 2 servers which are blocking NTL mail, one is Gawab.com and another is Excite.com. Apparently blocked because of spamming activities !! Have anybody know of anymore servers blocking NTL? What what is NTL going to do about it? NTL SMTP good to us if no one is accepting our mail !

2 servers blocking ntl mail is hardly 'no one accepting it' is it? ;)

Have you contacted either of the companies that appear to be blocking ntl?

paulyoung666
27-03-2004, 16:38

are you sure it is nothing to do with you in any way :)

a4pacific
27-03-2004, 18:06
Of course its nothing to do with me !!! I contacted Gawab who confirmed that they have blocked smtp.ntlworld.com because of SPAM. Not contacted Excite yet, but will do so if problem persist.

paulyoung666
27-03-2004, 18:08
Of course its nothing to do with me !!! I contacted Gawab who confirmed that they have blocked smtp.ntlworld.com because of SPAM. Not contacted Excite yet, but will do so if problem persist.

whooooooaaaaaaaaaaaa , no need for the attitude , all i was doing was asking , no need for it whatsoever ;)

a4pacific
27-03-2004, 18:09
And this is what Excite sent back:

This Message was undeliverable due to the following reason:

Each of the following recipients was rejected by a remote mail server.
The reasons given by the server are included to help you determine why
each recipient was rejected.

Recipient: <->
Reason: <->: Sender address rejected: Sender address rejected: Access denied Error: WS-10

Please reply to Postmaster@ntlworld.com
if you feel this message to be in error.

a4pacific
27-03-2004, 18:10
BTW, there is no attitude, you have misread my message !!! I am all cheery about this

a4pacific
27-03-2004, 18:38
2 servers blocking ntl mail is hardly 'no one accepting it' is it? ;)

I emphasis my use of the word "IF". ;) Point is, if some NTL users are spammers, then they will spoil it for the rest of us, cos more and more servers will block NTL. :D

paulyoung666
27-03-2004, 18:42
believe me , you are pushing attitude out , you might not realise it but you are ;) , anyway let me call a truce :Peaceman: :D :D :D

theman
29-03-2004, 16:28
i got 93 e.mails then the e.mails stopped working all of those e.mails were spam so is that my trouble my e.mail is being blocked and i use outlook express with the ntl address

jonifen
29-03-2004, 17:04
I emphasis my use of the word "IF". ;) Point is, if some NTL users are spammers, then they will spoil it for the rest of us, cos more and more servers will block NTL. :DI dont think its necessarily the ntl users who are spamming (who would spam with their own email address?!)... its the spammers who need a convincing email address... me@haha.com is not realistic, but an ntlworld.com email (if the username is selected right) is more convincing, so ppl will read the spam more willingly (well... not people who know what it is). I use mailwasher and bounce all spam back to sender - but I know not everyone would be doing this, so spammers carry on - its the few who probably dont use ntl who have ruined this for us I'd bet.

a4pacific
29-03-2004, 19:16
Got this from Gawab.com:

"Please try again and inform us if there is a problem . smtp.ntlworld.com was blocked several times occasionally due to spam originated from their servers .

Thank you and enjoy our service.
--------------------------------------------
Gawab Technical Support Team
help@gawab.com"

tkiely
29-03-2004, 22:20
its the few who probably dont use ntl who have ruined this for us I'd bet.

I dont use ntl anymore (customer for 7 yrs) but now use freedom2surf www.f2s.com .

All mail is filtered through 4 spam filters and I have to say I have not had a single spam mail or knowingly missed a mail destined for me (or any of my other mail boxes) since signing up.

T