PDA

View Full Version : Merged:Nero Problems.

susie r
13-07-2003, 19:03
since upgrading to xp and downloading the newer version of Nero, its being a pain!!! every time an attempt is made to burn a disc it freezes at 2%............then the whole system freezes as well, cant even restart the pc!!! HELP anyone???

Paul K
13-07-2003, 19:16
Upgrading? Clean or over the top install?
Have you got any antivirus software running in the background while burning? Have you tried disabling XP's inbuilt cd burning software?
Typo!! really must learn to read my post before submitting

susie r
13-07-2003, 19:21
Yes we have avg anti virus running...............how do I disable the built in software???

Paul K
13-07-2003, 19:45
Before we look elsewhere have you tried uninstalling Nero, rebooting and then re-installing it?
Just in case, disable AVG while you are installing Nero again.
Any chance you can post a few specs on your PC?
CPU speed, RAM and hard drive space availabe on your main (C: ) drive.

susie r
13-07-2003, 19:54
this is complicated..........the version of nero we have on disc is only compatible with windows 98, so when we upgraded to xp we upgraded nero online..........it worked ok for a couple of days and then this! we have 128k of ram and 2.5 gb free hard drive space................dont know what the cpu speed is tho

kronas
13-07-2003, 20:47
ok i have nero burning rom which i purchased via a serial after d/l the demo off the net everything has been fine till my 52 lite on developed a fault so i returned it lucky for me i had a spare LG drive installed it windows recognized it

but when i open nero its only sees my dvd-writer for the writer selection option also when i now burn with my pionner the drive spins up half way spins down if you know what i mean it does this about 8-9 times before it actually burns the disc

i have reinstalled nero tryed other burning software called alcohol 120% and that also gives me an error

running windows xp

anyone know what the problem is ?

Paul K
13-07-2003, 21:10
Worked up until today? Have you tried running system restore?
Upgrading Nero online is a normal thing so dont worry, try downloading the newest version again and go through the uninstall, reboot, install cycle.
Would sugest system restore first though.
Gonna ignore the 128k of RAM;)

Lord Nikon
13-07-2003, 21:10
yup, wnaspi32.dll in the c:\windows\system32 folder needs updating... more info on nero's website and on Adaptec's site.

had a similar problem with an Artec 52x32x52 writer

replacing the file fixed it.

Just search on the 2 sites for "Aspi Manager"

Lord Nikon
13-07-2003, 21:12
Aspi Manager,

you want an updated wnaspi32.dll from the nero site or the adaptec site....

susie r
13-07-2003, 21:15
Gonna ignore the 128k of RAM

ooooooooooooops, its the sun sizzled me brain!!! Yes have done a system restore...........so can we download the newer version again over the top of this version??? (bear with me, Im not too clued up on this sort of thing)

kronas
13-07-2003, 21:23
Originally posted by Lord Nikon
yup, wnaspi32.dll in the c:\windows\system32 folder needs updating... more info on nero's website and on Adaptec's site.

had a similar problem with an Artec 52x32x52 writer

replacing the file fixed it.

Just search on the 2 sites for "Aspi Manager"

ok i looked around got the dll dropped it in to the folder made no diffarence also there was no dll already in existence in that folder

Lord Nikon
13-07-2003, 21:24
and you are running the latest nero in full unlocked mode?

kronas
13-07-2003, 21:25
Originally posted by Lord Nikon
and you are running the latest nero in full unlocked mode?

yep its the full thing went and updated it even still no joy

EDIT realised i made mistake about the LG drive DOH still dont know why the pionner wont burn right though

Paul K
14-07-2003, 12:08
OK who merged two unrelated threads? All this has done is complicate things even more.
Susie R are you still having problems?

susie r
14-07-2003, 18:29
Yes Paul, still having probs and me hubby aint pleased, Im getting loads of grief cos it worked before we upgraded to XP and of course its all my fault:rolleyes:

Paul K
14-07-2003, 22:59
Susie did you try to uninstall Nero, reboot and then install it again?
When it locks up do any error messages show in Admin Tools/ Event viewer?
Gonna ask a few questions in an attempt to try and see if something is causing it outside of Nero.
Have you tried burning with AVG disabled?
Is there any reason you didn't install XP clean? Too may files to lose? No backups?
Did you upgrade from ME by any chance as upgrading over the top can lead to problems with old files being left to trip things over if you are unlucky.
What burner have you got and have you checked to see if there are any updated drivers for it?
Can you try the uninstall/ reboot/ reinstall and then burn a CD. If it locks up check Admin tools/ Event viewer to see if any relevant errors are shown.
Dont worry, I havent given up.
By the way the "I'm gonna ignore" comment was about you quoting 128K of RAM instead of 128MB :) Just me in one of those moods I'm afraid.
Tell hubby that it isn't your fault, installing an O/S upgrade over the top of another O/S can cause problems. (Been there, done that, formatted and mourned the loss of 4 gigs of photos etc)