Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | What have you fixed lately?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle

What have you fixed lately?

Old 20-09-2014, 19:26   #226
Mr Angry
Inactive

Mr Angry has a pair of shiny starsMr Angry has a pair of shiny starsMr Angry has a pair of shiny starsMr Angry has a pair of shiny stars
Mr Angry has a pair of shiny starsMr Angry has a pair of shiny starsMr Angry has a pair of shiny starsMr Angry has a pair of shiny starsMr Angry has a pair of shiny starsMr Angry has a pair of shiny stars
Re: What have you fixed lately?

A referendum in Scotland.
Mr Angry is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 20-09-2014, 19:42   #227
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Angry View Post
A referendum in Scotland.
Miaow!
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2014, 20:36   #228
raging bull
cf.geek

Services: Tivo V6 - L TV/XL Phone /200Mb BB
raging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quads

Detail sander, model no longer available. - Replacement 60pounds
On/off switch replaced as mechanism faulty @2.00 pounds.
raging bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2014, 01:15   #229
Mr Angry
Inactive

Mr Angry has a pair of shiny starsMr Angry has a pair of shiny starsMr Angry has a pair of shiny starsMr Angry has a pair of shiny stars
Mr Angry has a pair of shiny starsMr Angry has a pair of shiny starsMr Angry has a pair of shiny starsMr Angry has a pair of shiny starsMr Angry has a pair of shiny starsMr Angry has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Miaow!
Mr Angry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 20:38   #230
richard s
Permanently Banned

Services: Tivo XL 150mb broadband L phone
richard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful one

7 and half year old Bosch Classixx washing machine.

Replacing the bearings - just purchased a bearing set (2 bearings, 1 O ring, 8 screws) £63.25.

Just spent 5 hours dismantling the fugging thing! probably another 5 hours putting it back together.
richard s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 20:43   #231
Ignitionnet
Inactive

Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars

My love handles - now gone
Ignitionnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 22:52   #232
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Hopefully my computer, which has been randomly disabling it's graphics card and refusing to start until the 4th or 5th attempt (damned beep codes) . I figured it was either the memory or motherboard, so, I replaced the memory a few months back. Yesterday I went out to buy a new motherboard, started to look around and found that 2nd generation Core i5s are not supported by modern motherboards, so ended up having to buy a 4th generation Core i5 to go with the new motherboard. Then ended up having to back up my stuff, repartition the drive (the new motherboard has a full UEFI firmware, the old one had a BIOS that was supposed to emulate UEFI), then install windows.

Still, the machine does feel faster.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 08:40   #233
Ravenheart
Inactive

Ravenheart has a bronzed appealRavenheart has a bronzed appeal
Ravenheart has a bronzed appealRavenheart has a bronzed appealRavenheart has a bronzed appeal

My tumble drier. It wasn't heating up, had a similar problem a few years ago. and was told it was thermostat. saw a video on the espares page on how to do it for my model, ordered the parts at 9.99 now working a treat and saving me at least £30 on getting someone in to do it
Ravenheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 08:59   #234
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenheart View Post
My tumble drier. It wasn't heating up, had a similar problem a few years ago. and was told it was thermostat. saw a video on the espares page on how to do it for my model, ordered the parts at 9.99 now working a treat and saving me at least £30 on getting someone in to do it
Good fix. The internet's great for stuff like that - so many fixes are simple once you know what you're looking for. I manage to fix our washing machine after finding a video online which was a great help.

---------- Post added at 08:59 ---------- Previous post was at 08:57 ----------

I just fixed the wife's favourite headphones, one earpiece of which had been trodden on and come apart. A little reconstruction with my old mate superglue and the job was done.
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 08:26   #235
Ravenheart
Inactive

Ravenheart has a bronzed appealRavenheart has a bronzed appeal
Ravenheart has a bronzed appealRavenheart has a bronzed appealRavenheart has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem View Post
Good fix. The internet's great for stuff like that - so many fixes are simple once you know what you're looking for. I manage to fix our washing machine after finding a video online which was a great help.[COLOR="Silver"]
I was amazed how easy it was, I was feeling quite chuffed with myself that afternoon
Ravenheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 10:51   #236
richard s
Permanently Banned

richard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem View Post
Good fix. The internet's great for stuff like that - so many fixes are simple once you know what you're looking for. I manage to fix our washing machine after finding a video online which was a great help. ---------- Post added at 08:59 ---------- Previous post was at 08:57 ---------- I just fixed the wife's favourite headphones, one earpiece of which had been trodden on and come apart. A little reconstruction with my old mate superglue and the job was done.

I hope the glue dried before she put the head phones on, otherwise you would have come unstuck!

---------- Post added at 10:51 ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 ----------

Quote:
I was amazed how easy it was, I was feeling quite chuffed with myself that afternoon

Well done Ravenheart, any good at washing machines!
Old 12-10-2014, 20:33   #237
richard s
Permanently Banned

Washing machine all fixed and running like new, anybody want advice I will only be to pleased to help.

The missus is sooo pleased.
Old 12-10-2014, 21:09   #238
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
That's why we just love fixing stuff!

Not to mention the brownie points from the uvva arf...
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 23:03   #239
Jimmy-J
as common as muck

Jimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze array
Jimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze array

Fixed one of the panels in the garden fence, with the help of my 2 beautiful grand kids.

Jimmy-J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2014, 07:54   #240
GrimUpNorth
cf.mega poster

GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star
GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star

New felt on the shed roof yesterday.

Cheers

Grim
GrimUpNorth is online now   Reply With Quote