Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | e-mail probelms

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service > Webspace, E-Mail & Browsing Issues
Register FAQ Community Calendar

e-mail probelms

Old 06-10-2009, 16:59   #1
stemach
Inactive

stemach is an unknown quantity at this point
e-mail probelms

hi,don`t know if this linked with the general mail probelms lately,but i can send mail but not recieve it,i`m using thunderbird and when i open it up after a few seconds i get this message

" sending the username did not succeed.mail server pop3.blueyonder.co.uk responded:invalid backend "

not being a great expert i had a look at my account settings which seem ok,i then went on windows mail which i presume thunderbird uses and tried there,to which i get this error message

Account: 'pop3.blueyonder.co.uk', Server: 'pop3.blueyonder.co.uk', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR Invalid Backend.', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC91

i can get my mail via the virgin website,but have never come across these errors before,any help or advice would be most welcome.
cheers
stemach is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 06-10-2009, 19:34   #2
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Re: e-mail probelms

Below is instructions on how to install Thunderbird and also instructions on how to set up Outlook Express, all you need to do is to open both links and copy the relevant settings from the Outlook Express set up into your Thunderbird email client.

Remember to make a note of your username from your @blueyonder.co.uk account as you will need it for the client to work, it looks like ab001c2345.

Thunderbird setup

Blueyonder set up.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 21:03   #3
stemach
Inactive

stemach is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: e-mail probelms

thanks for the reply,got the windows mail working,but had probelms with thunderbird so will start using windows mail instead,thanks for your advice and cheers
stemach is offline   Reply With Quote