Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Season 2017/2018

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport

Season 2017/2018

Old 11-09-2017, 20:01   #346
daveeb
cf.mega poster

daveeb has reached the bronze age
daveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze age
Re: Season 2017/2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian View Post
Fixed on the ball apart from when he looked to see where Ederson was. the replay shows him looking solely at the ball and the crowd didn't seem to react over the top at the time, usually a good indication of any mal intent......

Anyway he has apologised for being reckless so that's ok now........he didn't have to, he was showing concern for a fellow player, many wouldn't have bothered
I think Den is right, you do sound a little fixated about your former player
daveeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 12-09-2017, 11:22   #347
Julian
Oh When The Saints!!

Julian has a nice shiny starJulian has a nice shiny starJulian has a nice shiny star
Julian has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveeb View Post
I think Den is right, you do sound a little fixated about your former player
It's a football discussion

Although that assault wasn't football.

He wasn't averse to doing things like that earlier in his career either......
Old 12-09-2017, 22:26   #348
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

United banging in goals from crosses at Old Trafford.....ah those days

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 22:46   #349
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Nice to see both sides winning tonight although sadly for Celtic their task was impossible.
Old 12-09-2017, 23:06   #350
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

Services: 2 V6 running 360. 500mb BB, Phone line, mobile simm.
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star

A functional but laboured display from United against a very limited Basel side, they did try to park the bus but United will have to do much better. Their fans were good, as well organised as you would expect from the Swiss.

---------- Post added at 22:06 ---------- Previous post was at 21:58 ----------

And I got see yet another September swallow fly into the net Den.
iadom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2017, 06:35   #351
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by iadom View Post
A functional but laboured display from United against a very limited Basel side, they did try to park the bus but United will have to do much better. Their fans were good, as well organised as you would expect from the Swiss.

---------- Post added at 22:06 ---------- Previous post was at 21:58 ----------

And I got see yet another September swallow fly into the net Den.
Your big worry will come when they arrive in threes and fours Jim.
Old 13-09-2017, 10:32   #352
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
You are forgetting the expensive add ons if he works a bit harder and breaks a sweat and actually puts the ball in the net instead of falling over his own feet.

Six goals (swallows ) in six games thus far, I'm beginning to doubt your punditry credentials Den.

Not getting email notifications ATM, is it something I've said?
Old 13-09-2017, 10:45   #353
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Six goals (swallows ) in six games thus far, I'm beginning to doubt your punditry credentials Den.

My punditry like my opinions should be taken with a pinch of salt.

---------- Post added at 09:45 ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 ----------

Quote:

There must be some gremlins around Jim.
Old 14-09-2017, 03:15   #354
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

In my mind, Lukaku hasnt lit up United with his performances so far. Notice I say 'performances' rather than 'results' because in terms of the latter, he's a striker, a striker's job is to score and yep he's on 6 in 6 *however* he has missed a few sitters and hasn't done much more so far than be in the right places at the right times.

But let's not forget he's still getting used to the team and the way it plays so I think his performances will stand out quickly enough. Then again if they don't but he keeps hitting the back of the net I won't have a problem with that ��

But of course as soon as Ibrahimovic is back on the pitch and Lukaku feels what it's like to have that competition in the team I'm looking forward to it bringing the best out of him.

This isn't exactly what I'd call a Fergie Functioning *yet* but it's close and I'm confident for the rest of the season.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2017, 18:15   #355
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

Could pass comment on Liverhamptons performance last night, but I will let Den suffer in silence.

Have really only posted to see if I get email notification as it is still not working for me.

I have logged out and back in to see if that helps.
Old 14-09-2017, 18:26   #356
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Could pass comment on Liverhamptons performance last night, but I will let Den suffer in silence.

Have really only posted to see if I get email notification as it is still not working for me.

I have logged out and back in to see if that helps.
Are we not a democracy where rational adults can offer their opinions on others sufferings.
Old 14-09-2017, 18:38   #357
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

I am not by nature a cruel person and when it comes to European competitions I like to see all English teams doing well, would have liked to have seen Celtic make a better fist of it but feared the worst well before last night.

Still having to visit cableforum, are you getting post notifications via email Den?
Old 14-09-2017, 18:48   #358
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
I am not by nature a cruel person and when it comes to European competitions I like to see all English teams doing well, would have liked to have seen Celtic make a better fist of it but feared the worst well before last night.

Still having to visit cableforum, are you getting post notifications via email Den?
Yes like you l like to see all the British sides do well in Europe as l was happy with Liverpool's performance apart from our defence again.

Yes l am still getting post notifications via email Jim.
Old 14-09-2017, 20:28   #359
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

Strange, haven't altered any settings, checked spam folders etc, nothing coming through at all from here. Still getting them from other forums etc?

---------- Post added at 19:28 ---------- Previous post was at 18:50 ----------

Hope Everton play like this on Sunday.
Old 14-09-2017, 21:15   #360
daveeb
cf.mega poster

daveeb has reached the bronze age
daveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Strange, haven't altered any settings, checked spam folders etc, nothing coming through at all from here. Still getting them from other forums etc?

---------- Post added at 19:28 ---------- Previous post was at 18:50 ----------

Hope Everton play like this on Sunday.
I'm sure they won't dissapoint you on that one
daveeb is offline   Reply With Quote