Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Worrying news for ESA claimants converting from DLA to PIP.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

Worrying news for ESA claimants converting from DLA to PIP.

Old 25-02-2017, 13:43   #241
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
Re: Worrying news for ESA claimants converting from DLA to PIP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taf View Post
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-39088847

---------- Post added at 13:23 ---------- Previous post was at 12:00 ----------

A reason why so many are failing to be awarded PIP before tribunals.... and I experienced this sort of thing first hand. They are now refusing to send me a copy of the Capita assssor's report to take apart in the upcoming tribunal.

http://www.disabilitynewsservice.com...aced-assessor/
You can ask for a copy of the report, but you have to ask the DWP. Is that where you went wrong? A copy of the report is included as part of the DWP submission to the Tribunal, and therefore you will get a copy before then. Not sure the Tribunal can even go ahead without it.

The proposed PIP change is NOT a change. It clarifying and enforcing how it has been applied in the past, even with DLA.

Usual nonsense. Informal observations have ALWAYS been part of the process, whether DLA, PIP, IB, ESA etc. The process as set out by the DWP, tells them they have to look at the claim BEFORE they've seen the person. That is how they know what questions that might need asking and those that do not.
nomadking is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 25-02-2017, 13:48   #242
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Contact the DWP on 0345 850 3322 Taf.
Old 25-02-2017, 16:55   #243
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
They cannot refuse to send a copy of the assessor's report to you so l would quickly get on to them with the support of someone like CAB or one of the other advice centres Taf.
I wrote to the DWP (at the address for PIP as usual), then phoned to check they had received the request. Lots of "umms" and "aahs", passed to another bod who said they don't normally get sent out, and if they were there would be a backlog.

How can they have a backlog if they aren't normally sending them out?

Sounds like stalling tactics.....
Taf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2017, 17:15   #244
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Services: tv phone mobile broadband V6 and tivo.
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star

Taf I just phoned the PIP number and asked for my PIP medical report and they sent it and other thing they did while I was on the phone they read some of the report out to me. Taf I never wrote to the DWP just phoned them gave them my name, address and NI number. I must have been very lucky as I found them to be very helpful.

Good luck Taf fingers crossed they can help you out.
Old 25-02-2017, 19:07   #245
Taf
cf.mega poster

Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by weenie View Post
Taf I just phoned the PIP number and asked for my PIP medical report and they sent it and other thing they did while I was on the phone they read some of the report out to me. Taf I never wrote to the DWP just phoned them gave them my name, address and NI number. I must have been very lucky as I found them to be very helpful.

Good luck Taf fingers crossed they can help you out.
cheers! Any help is good help at this time.
Old 26-02-2017, 12:29   #246
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star

Taf I have just looked through my paper work and the medical report is called a PA4 on my form it states at the top of the 1st page:
Personal Independence Payment
Consulation report form - PA4

I have just noticed this was carried out by Atos Healthcare.
Old 26-02-2017, 12:36   #247
nomadking
cf.mega poster

nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by weenie View Post
Taf I have just looked through my paper work and the medical report is called a PA4 on my form it states at the top of the 1st page:
Personal Independence Payment
Consulation report form - PA4

I have just noticed this was carried out by Atos Healthcare.
Some regions ATOS do it, and Capita do the others. You still have to contact DWP for the report, and you should get a copy with the DWP appeal submission prior to the Tribunal. The Statements of Reasons from the DWP about the original decision and the Mandatory Reconsideration should refer to the contents of the report.
Old 26-02-2017, 12:52   #248
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Den gave Taf the number of the DWP, I was just giving the form details so he knew what to ask for. I would assume that whoever does the medical report the copy Taf needs to ask for when he phones the DWP is called a PA4. I did not know who did the medical as I had never claimed PIP before nor DLA.
If Capita medical form is called something different from a PA4 please advice as Taf needs all the help he can get to get his son the help he needs.
Old 27-02-2017, 18:36   #249
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

The Government are to take steps to limit PIP to some claimants.

It is expected that those with the following conditions will be the main ones to lose out:

- Those with mental health issues.

- Those suffering from anxiety state.

- Those suffering from depression.

- Those suffering from dementia.

- Those suffering from schizophrenia.

- Those who have had a stroke.

- Those with diabetes.

The head of Mays policy board, Tory MP George Freeman, has said that the reason was because the money should be going to "the real disabled" instead of those that just "take pills at home". He also cited affordability issues.

Even the oldest Conservative think tank, the Bow Group, has said that "this is the very behaviour that gives the Conservatives a bad name. It attacks those in need and kicks people when they are down".

I think that this is especially disappointing after May gave her speech last month. She stated that mental health would be a cornerstone policy of hers that would right a wrong and change the way that mental health is viewed. She went on to say that those with mental illness should be treated with compassion and that treatment should give the right level of support and attention.

Disability organisations are furious and intend to fight this latest assault on disability support, especially since they did not even go through the motions of consulting disability organisations etc.

This news was announced last Friday when it was known that it would be buried by last weeks by-election results.

Last edited by RichardCoulter; 27-02-2017 at 18:55.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 21:38   #250
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

...and today we have a party political broadcast with May spouting on about how she wants to help the vulnerable & the voiceless.

Her father was a clergyman; I hope he's looking down on his daughters behaviour.
Old 02-03-2017, 15:10   #251
Taf
cf.mega poster

I was just about to print off the final copies of the tribunal request when the postie arrived with the Capita assessor's report. Last day to post off the tribunal request!

As I read through it I got angrier and angrier. Despite all the medical evidence and handwritten statements from several experts, she obviously decided that the lad seems "intelligent and mobile" so got 0 points for all sections apart from the "social anxiety" part which now accrues no points after a DWP mandate. And blatant lies, saying she reckons that the lad can read maps, dress himself for the situation, cook, find his way about in unfamiliar places, etc., etc.

Ah well, the tribunal request is sent off now, just before the deadline.

Panic over until we get our date to go defend him.
Old 02-03-2017, 15:24   #252
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taf View Post
I was just about to print off the final copies of the tribunal request when the postie arrived with the Capita assessor's report. Last day to post off the tribunal request!

As I read through it I got angrier and angrier. Despite all the medical evidence and handwritten statements from several experts, she obviously decided that the lad seems "intelligent and mobile" so got 0 points for all sections apart from the "social anxiety" part which now accrues no points after a DWP mandate. And blatant lies, saying she reckons that the lad can read maps, dress himself for the situation, cook, find his way about in unfamiliar places, etc., etc.

Ah well, the tribunal request is sent off now, just before the deadline.

Panic over until we get our date to go defend him.
You can send in new letters/evidence up to 7 days before the Tribunal hearing. The letters/evidence will from now on, be sent to the Tribunals service. You can even send them via e-mail as attachments, which saves on postage and gives proof of sending.

The statements of reasons that you should already have, should have given an indication of what was in the assessment report. You can get away with starting an appeal request on limited grounds and say about the report only having just arrived and that further details will follow.

Social anxiety counts as much as before as it did with PIP and DLA. Nothing has changed.
Old 02-03-2017, 20:07   #253
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Today's Metro newspaper carries a report of how a man with no arms had his benefits stopped after being told "Crawl to work, you've still got arms"

Something really has to be done about the way that disabled people are being treated by this Government.
Old 02-03-2017, 20:18   #254
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Today's Metro newspaper carries a report of how a man with no arms had his benefits stopped after being told "Crawl to work, you've still got arms"

Something really has to be done about the way that disabled people are being treated by this Government.
How is anybody meant to comment on it when it is nowhere to be found on their website or indeed anywhere else?

Last edited by nomadking; 02-03-2017 at 20:24.
Old 02-03-2017, 21:04   #255
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Here we are Nomad.

http://www.hackneygazette.co.uk/news...arms_1_4908497