Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Charging for Virgin Mobile Customer Service!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service

Charging for Virgin Mobile Customer Service!

Old 09-01-2010, 14:32   #1
2OLD2THINK
Inactive

Services: Virgin TV Phone & Broadband
2OLD2THINK is an unknown quantity at this point
Charging for Virgin Mobile Customer Service!

Today I have received a Text from 789 C/Services telling me that they are having a problem with my new mobile account and would I ring them.

Well Richard Branson & Co I did ring you on 789 and was told that the call was going to cost 10p per minute with an estimated waiting time of 20 minutes. (estimated mind you).

As the problem is yours not mine I will not pay you to solve your problem.

20 minutes estimated waiting time to speak to a Representative is diabolical even when free.

Oh and guess what.....the Customer Service dept only works 9 till 5 Monday to Friday.. no evenings and no weekends, now is that a very good customer service ? I think not.

I'm moving to Lebara when this contract is up.
2OLD2THINK is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 09-01-2010, 15:01   #2
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Re: Charging for Virgin Mobile Customer Service!!!!!

They charge 10p to connect you but the rest of the call is free, that is what it says whenever I have called.

Virginmobile is not owned by Richard Branson they lease the brand name.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 15:05   #3
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moldova View Post
Virginmobile is not owned by Richard Branson they lease the brand name.
Actually as of Dec 2008 RB is the 2nd largest shareholder in Virginmedia who own Virgin Mobile but that is a whole other thread
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 15:11   #4
Sir John Luke
Inactive

Sir John Luke is the helpful oneSir John Luke is the helpful oneSir John Luke is the helpful oneSir John Luke is the helpful oneSir John Luke is the helpful oneSir John Luke is the helpful oneSir John Luke is the helpful oneSir John Luke is the helpful oneSir John Luke is the helpful oneSir John Luke is the helpful oneSir John Luke is the helpful oneSir John Luke is the helpful oneSir John Luke is the helpful oneSir John Luke is the helpful oneSir John Luke is the helpful oneSir John Luke is the helpful oneSir John Luke is the helpful oneSir John Luke is the helpful one

http://investors.virginmedia.com/pho...nershipsummary
Sir John Luke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 15:40   #5
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kymmy View Post
Actually as of Dec 2008 RB is the 2nd largest shareholder in Virginmedia who own Virgin Mobile but that is a whole other thread
Very small amount but not in charge of anything if I remember he has less than a 10% stake.

I do find it a cheap shot that they charge 10p to speak to an agent though.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 15:50   #6
Sir John Luke
Inactive

Sir John Luke is the helpful oneSir John Luke is the helpful oneSir John Luke is the helpful oneSir John Luke is the helpful oneSir John Luke is the helpful oneSir John Luke is the helpful oneSir John Luke is the helpful oneSir John Luke is the helpful oneSir John Luke is the helpful oneSir John Luke is the helpful oneSir John Luke is the helpful oneSir John Luke is the helpful oneSir John Luke is the helpful oneSir John Luke is the helpful oneSir John Luke is the helpful oneSir John Luke is the helpful oneSir John Luke is the helpful oneSir John Luke is the helpful one
Re: Charging for Virgin Mobile Customer Service!

Correct - 6.5% at the last count

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/n...gin-Media.html
Sir John Luke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 16:54   #7
AndyCambs
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media XL Broadband XL Virgin Mobile V+ installed! and a happy Virgin Media customer
AndyCambs has reached the bronze age
AndyCambs has reached the bronze ageAndyCambs has reached the bronze ageAndyCambs has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moldova View Post
Very small amount but not in charge of anything if I remember he has less than a 10% stake.

I do find it a cheap shot that they charge 10p to speak to an agent though.
Or do what I do - and email them through "My Account" on the Virgin Mobile website.
AndyCambs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 16:57   #8
2OLD2THINK
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyCambs View Post
Or do what I do - and email them through "My Account" on the Virgin Mobile website.
Tried that,
Cant set up an account as the mobile number is suspended.
Help line is getting worse as it goes on.
Old 11-01-2010, 21:52   #9
2OLD2THINK
Inactive

If you put your name to a service then you have to accept the falk.

Managed to get through today using a land line & a mobile in unison.
1st one to get connected to an operator was the mobile after 25 minutes.

Tried to call several times today and the message was "it could take 20 minutes for yo to get through to an Operator" (no wonder if they are closed all weekend and finish on Friday at 5pm.)

My problem was that a Direct Debit set up by Virgin Mobile had been refused by my bank when a request for payment was made.

Payment was instructed at 10.30 am this morning by Credit card but at 8.30 pm I still have not been reinstated,.(this service is bloody alarming).

On visiting my bank (HSBC)and telling them of the problem, they instigated a search which resulted in no request was made by Virgin Mobile for a Direct Debit payment although they had set Direct Debit up some weeks earlier.

I am now retired after running 650 retail stores and if this scenario had taken place in any of our stores or Customer Service section Heads would have rolled but these bods seem to be playing in a field where anything goes as long as they do not have to put in any effort.
Old 05-08-2011, 01:00   #10
Edinburghboy
Inactive

Services: 20mb/XL
Edinburghboy is an unknown quantity at this point

0800520916. This is a free phone number for V/Mobile PAYG. They will put you through to contract with no problems, will also put you through to Media.
Edinburghboy is offline   Reply With Quote