Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | VM remotely change settings?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

Why is V Stuff even shown as a product

Old 15-03-2011, 14:18   #1
warrenb
cf.addict

Services: VIP50 + 2 Virgin Mobiles + Mobile Broadband
warrenb is an unknown quantity at this point
Why is V Stuff even shown as a product

When it is so shockingly back.

I have just logged onto it and clicked on storage and have sat here for the last 20 minutes with it just saying waiting.

VM please sort this out, it has been a joke since its inception.
warrenb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 15-03-2011, 14:35   #2
roger skillin
Inactive

Services: V+ XL,Broadband XXL, Phone with talk unlimited and extra TIVO box
roger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quads
Re: Why is V Stuff even shown as a product

They are upgrading it next month i believe, yes i'll agree with you, at the moment it's really bad, i'm not using it again until the upgrade
roger skillin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2011, 14:42   #3
warrenb
cf.addict

To be honest, every time I have complained about it, they have said it is being upgraded next month
Old 15-03-2011, 14:47   #4
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by roger skillin View Post
They are upgrading it next month i believe, yes i'll agree with you, at the moment it's really bad, i'm not using it again until the upgrade
Its slower than a slow thing from planet slow on a slow day. To be honest i am amazed it can even be given away.

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2011, 15:48   #5
roger skillin
Inactive

Services: V+ XL,Broadband XXL, Phone with talk unlimited and extra TIVO box
roger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenb View Post
To be honest, every time I have complained about it, they have said it is being upgraded next month
Just going by a comment made by staff in another thread about vstuff, if you search for vstuff there is already a thread about how bad it is

here
http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/80...85-vstuff.html
roger skillin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2011, 16:20   #6
warrenb
cf.addict

Well you see the gap between my first post and this one, and it still just says waiting for site. If I were VM paying a third party for this I would drop them like a lead balloon.
Old 15-03-2011, 19:25   #7
Nopanic
Inactive

Nopanic has reached the bronze age
Nopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze age

Vstuff is actually excellent, the interface, the options all work as they were designed.

The problem is the amount of data and the amount of users..

As I'm sure you all know (its in our T&C's) Fsecure are the new force behind the storage bits and being that Fsecure are one of the biggest and best our next release will make up for anything you have suffered through Vstuff.

Alex Brown did a blog about the new platform and Fsecure are putting a lot into it.

I know some users are seeing it as slow and poor quality and I know how frustrating that is .. but people are working on it and we are trying to make it as good as it should be for all customers ..

and thats my opinion .. imagine I was posting on behalf of VM
Nopanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2011, 21:23   #8
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nopanic View Post
Vstuff is actually excellent, the interface, the options all work as they were designed.
I have to disagree with that.

The interface is clunky. The options are a mystery and never seem do the same thing twice. But at the end of the day a backup should not take 2 days attempting to backup 1 gig of data.

I am hoping that the new system is usable or i will end up having to pay for a service that works

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2011, 21:57   #9
dgcarter
Inactive

Services: 60mbps Broadband only since I got rid of the overpriced phone line and the pointless TV
dgcarter doesn't have many friendsdgcarter doesn't have many friendsdgcarter doesn't have many friends

Quote:

As I'm sure you all know (its in our T&C's) Fsecure are the new force behind the storage bits and being that Fsecure are one of the biggest and best our next release will make up for anything you have suffered through Vstuff.

Alex Brown did a blog about the new platform and Fsecure are putting a lot into it.

I know some users are seeing it as slow and poor quality and I know how frustrating that is .. but people are working on it and we are trying to make it as good as it should be for all customers ..

You mean you're not?
dgcarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2011, 22:41   #10
Nopanic
Inactive

Nopanic has reached the bronze age
Nopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgcarter View Post
You mean you're not?

- I work for VM but anything posted is my own work ..
Nopanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2011, 23:59   #11
Arty-Media
Inactive

Services: M Phone & 30XL BB
Arty-Media is on a distinguished roadArty-Media is on a distinguished road

Thats WHEN it actually even load! Tried 2 register for it earlier & for about 5 mins it said page couldnt be found, that was with me clicking a link from virgins site, THEN it tells me my login details are wrong, i dont think so!
Arty-Media is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2011, 01:13   #12
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:

Can't deny they are one of the best security companies for buisinesses but for the home user (security wise) it eats up a lot of RAM and CPU. Storage is of course a different matter but one would expect anything uploaded to their storage would be subject to the same security scans and cause the same slowdown in uploading.

That said I would never trust any back up to an ISP as if you change ISP unless you download it you loose it. Same as an email addy really.
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote