Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Cant Get Cable? - Maybe We Can Help!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Installation Issues

Cant Get Cable? - Maybe We Can Help!

Old 04-04-2011, 22:53   #46
weesteev
Cable Guru

Services: Virgin Media Gig1 RFOG, TV360, Stream, GoFibre 1Gb
weesteev has reached the bronze age
weesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze age
Re: Cant Get Cable? - Maybe We Can Help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by redone View Post
The new appartments on man island are vm only buildings as is stella nova by the strand in bootle but some regenerated areas like under the bridge in garston and l30 that have been knocked down and rebuilt are still cabled areas but because who ever redid the pavements with new tarmac and didnt didnt reinstate are t"s (acess points) vm cant touch them for a year unless they take the warranty over so them customers have to wait
Correct redone, we have just released the first 80+ apartments for sale there, I believe the rest will follow soon. The blocks at Mann Island are all internally wired to master sockets, there is no visible cabling or cabinets as the amplifier and Telco equipment are all in the comm's room. Looks brilliant!

Access Network Innovation @ Liberty Global/Virgin Media

All comments are my own opinion and not a direct expression of LG/VM.
weesteev is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 05-04-2011, 22:14   #47
ccarmock
cf.geek

ccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation era

Would VM be prepapred to provide service where two new houses were built on spare land betwene other properties that all have VM service? Ie the cable runs right past but those two new houses are not shown as servicable? I guess there woudl be no 'T' for those properties.
ccarmock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 22:36   #48
jungleguy
Inactive

Services: phone TV & BB
jungleguy is a glorious beacon of lightjungleguy is a glorious beacon of lightjungleguy is a glorious beacon of lightjungleguy is a glorious beacon of lightjungleguy is a glorious beacon of lightjungleguy is a glorious beacon of lightjungleguy is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccarmock View Post
Would VM be prepapred to provide service where two new houses were built on spare land betwene other properties that all have VM service? Ie the cable runs right past but those two new houses are not shown as servicable? I guess there woudl be no 'T' for those properties.

yes
jungleguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 09:13   #49
weesteev
Cable Guru

weesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze age

Yes we would.

If you are the developer (or coordinating the works onsite) then email the site details and any site plans you have to newbuild@virginmedia.co.uk and our team can assist you further.

http://help.virginmedia.com/system/s...ctjourney=true

Old 21-04-2011, 21:51   #50
Ignitionnet
Inactive

Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars

My experience with this so far has been a bit of a disaster

EDIT: See signature for more information.
Ignitionnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2011, 09:29   #51
weesteev
Cable Guru

Your situation is nothing to do with network expansion Igni, I would ask you update your comment. Your issue is related to a construction issue with the local install teams. This thread is specifically related to network expansion to unbuilt nodal and distribution areas.

Old 22-04-2011, 11:35   #52
Ignitionnet
Inactive

Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by weesteev View Post
Your situation is nothing to do with network expansion Igni, I would ask you update your comment. Your issue is related to a construction issue with the local install teams. This thread is specifically related to network expansion to unbuilt nodal and distribution areas.
This premises is previously unserviceable and had to go through the linked form and have a spotter visit to get service, so yes it is.

EDIT: The actual work I'm waiting for is a usable t-junction to be installed and a bit of underground work. Making a previously unserviceable address on the edge of the network serviceable seems like a (small) network expansion to me.

Quote:
Services available at:
TW1 3xx
You're in a Virgin Media National broadband area
You're not in a fibre optic cable area, so we can't give you TV. But we can give you Virgin Broadband using your existing phone line.
My apologies if I was confused, the thread title 'Can't Get Cable? - Maybe We Can Help!' implied the thread was for discussion of any instance where cable can't be purchased as opposed to entirely new nodal builds.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 011.jpg (795.3 KB, 42 views)
File Type: jpg 012.jpg (509.1 KB, 43 views)
File Type: jpg 013.jpg (478.3 KB, 42 views)
Old 26-04-2011, 12:42   #53
frogs3
Inactive

frogs3 is an unknown quantity at this point

I currently leave in a new build estate called Regency Park in Bewsey, Warrington.

As it is a new build it has been allocated a random postcodes WA5 0EF. When you place this into google and other search engines (sat nav etc...) it places you at the other end of Warrington, noway near our house. http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&so...,0.154324&z=13

But infact we live here - http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?hl=...fbdbb1c75ad70b

According to your website when you type in the postcode it says Virgin Media not in your area and when I have phoned up customer Service they also do not listen to me and just say that it is not in our area. The road behind me, Lovely Lane (postcode WA5 0AF) has virgin and also the road that is on the front of the estate, "Bewsey Road" (postcode WA5 0LG) has virgin media also. Surly we all run on the same exchange etc... I am also not sure but think at the front of our houses we have a little grey box, not sure what it is exactly but it does look a little like the virgin media box that we had on the front of our previous address. It would not take much for us to be incorporated into the network as everybody around us all ready has it.

Regards

Tim
frogs3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2011, 13:44   #54
weesteev
Cable Guru

Hey Frogs3, have replied to your PM with an answer.

Cheers

Old 26-04-2011, 18:36   #55
Ignitionnet
Inactive

Sorry Steve, as it turns out I never had any need for excess construction, everything was fine, apart from whomever assuming the T was broken, that there was no viable path from drop to tap and never actually bothering to check.

On that note I'll leave the thread be.
Old 26-04-2011, 23:11   #56
weesteev
Cable Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignitionnet View Post
Sorry Steve, as it turns out I never had any need for excess construction, everything was fine, apart from whomever assuming the T was broken, that there was no viable path from drop to tap and never actually bothering to check.

On that note I'll leave the thread be.
Thats surprising... but great news! If you have any install probs mate let me know.

Old 27-04-2011, 21:59   #57
Ignitionnet
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by weesteev View Post
Thats surprising... but great news! If you have any install probs mate let me know.

Apart from being put to the back of the queue fine, thank you Steve.
Old 12-05-2011, 20:46   #58
vixpix
Inactive

vixpix is an unknown quantity at this point

I live in a village with cable but my scheme only has it in the first couple of street, another couple of streets were built about 12 years ago and another couple of streets in the last few years.
If there is cable 1 street away can we get it?
vixpix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2011, 10:11   #59
Synthetic
cf.geek

Synthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to all

Is this still on-going?
Synthetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2011, 19:54   #60
jdsp
Inactive

jdsp is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi having just moved to UK from Sweden I am confused why there appears to be such poor service in UK here. After receiving an offer from Virgin Media via post with correct postcode and having a friend working in Virgin, I was elated, not the 100/100 that is everywhere and normal in Sweden but maybe 50 available.

So I contacted Virgin store in Cambridge and guess what where I live does not exist. it's in Ferndale Rise and new build (8 flats) half way up street that has customers to the left and right on strret about 20m from the duct (bt and the only duct in the road).

So I contacted cable my street first time ... nothing no feed back disaster.

Contacted cable my street again .. a reply ... they will look into it... well maybe

Then since i need internet wonderful option from BT between 1 and 3.5 expected 2 ... better than nothing .... took 10 days ... it is very difficult work(thank god they had to just enable a circuit otherwise would have been 6 months) and yes it runs at 635/312 up down really really bad.

Then I saw this, it is madness in UK no one interested, and customer service well less than interested (Cambridge Virgin store told me thier national broad band would take at least 15 days and I may as well go to anyone ??? odd retail service).

So I just hope its trivial to fix and I would be so happy if fixed, postcode is CB5 8ET .... hope you can solve this madness.

JDSP
jdsp is offline   Reply With Quote