Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

Old 06-08-2017, 19:30   #3196
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
Re: Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

Thank you for clarifying that Mr Spider.

Presumably with having placed the order for the V6 to replace my original Tivo our nice simple VHD box will be still be used by my technically challenged husband. He who still finds it fascinating that I can rewind or freeze a current program and asks where the tapes that contain all our recordings are stored.

Gosh I do love him to bits, ask him about finance or for help building anything and he's there but let him lose with anything electrical ...NEVER!!!!!!!
Old 06-08-2017, 20:27   #3197
DVD Cinema
cf.addict

DVD Cinema has a spectacular aura about themDVD Cinema has a spectacular aura about themDVD Cinema has a spectacular aura about themDVD Cinema has a spectacular aura about them

For those having lip sync issues with V6 with Dolby Digital.
I came across a fix with my set up by accident tweaking my new tv settings.
I turned on 1080P Pure Direct on my tv and Dolby Digital over optical is now in sync.
Enjoy.
DVD Cinema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 21:23   #3198
i am not scouse
cf.member

Services: 65"Samsung 4k tv. X2 v6 x3tivo's 200mb bb and a phone line I don't use.
i am not scouse is on a distinguished roadi am not scouse is on a distinguished road

I'm having a problem with ordering the V6. It won't go past step 1.
i am not scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 22:08   #3199
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by i am not scouse View Post
I'm having a problem with ordering the V6. It won't go past step 1.
Sign in to my virgin media and navigate to My Offers and click swap box and see if it works that way

https://store.virginmedia.com/existi...-offers/offers

Last edited by Gavin-D; 06-08-2017 at 22:11.
Gavin-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 22:32   #3200
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVD Cinema View Post
For those having lip sync issues with V6 with Dolby Digital.
I came across a fix with my set up by accident tweaking my new tv settings.
I turned on 1080P Pure Direct on my tv and Dolby Digital over optical is now in sync.
Enjoy.
Thanks. What model TV do you have?
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 01:23   #3201
DVD Cinema
cf.addict

DVD Cinema has a spectacular aura about themDVD Cinema has a spectacular aura about themDVD Cinema has a spectacular aura about themDVD Cinema has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
Thanks. What model TV do you have?
Panasonic.
My old Panasonic didn't have the option.
Gives Virgin an idea of what might be going wrong, but i'm sure they already know.
Old 07-08-2017, 10:03   #3202
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Panasonic.
Do you have the exact model number please?

Quote:
Gives Virgin an idea of what might be going wrong, but i'm sure they already know.
We didn't ;-). Lip-sync problem are often caused by video processing delays in the TV, and changing settings such as high frame rates or film mode can reduce the delays, but I haven't come across this particular setting before.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 10:39   #3203
DVD Cinema
cf.addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
thanks. What model tv do you have?
50ex750eb.
Happy to help.
I was pleasantly surprised as well that it worked.

Last edited by DVD Cinema; 07-08-2017 at 10:42.
Old 08-08-2017, 15:23   #3204
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts

What do people think the chances are for getting either the Winter Olympics and or World Cup in 4K/UHD next year on VM?
Old 08-08-2017, 16:42   #3205
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin-D View Post
What do people think the chances are for getting either the Winter Olympics and or World Cup in 4K/UHD next year on VM?
Quite good for the Winter Olympics, given that this will be broadcast by Eurosport.

As for the World Cup, that will depend on whether our two main terrestrial broadcasters have got their acts together by then.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 22:09   #3206
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Quite good for the Winter Olympics, given that this will be broadcast by Eurosport.

As for the World Cup, that will depend on whether our two main terrestrial broadcasters have got their acts together by then.

Very little chance for the World Cup in my opinion (because neither BBC or ITV have UHD)

As for the Winter Olympics - couldn't care less.
Raider999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 22:36   #3207
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider999 View Post
Very little chance for the World Cup in my opinion (because neither BBC or ITV have UHD)

As for the Winter Olympics - couldn't care less.
The beeb do have one broadcast in UHD HDR on the iplayer the detail is stunning
Old 09-08-2017, 00:29   #3208
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider999 View Post
Well, not yet, anyways.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 11:09   #3209
Ultimate.Conj
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Oomph 600mb, XL TV, Sky Movies & Sports HD, Amazon Prime, Netflix UHD
Ultimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin-D View Post
The beeb do have one broadcast in UHD HDR on the iplayer the detail is stunning
I agree mate, the picture is amazing. Everything is crisp and sharp.
Shame they haven't managed to broadcast an entire episode on iplayer yet.
Ultimate.Conj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 15:37   #3210
Rob King
cf.addict

Services: Virgin Media Ultimate Package with M600 Broadband , 360 Box owner , Volt Mobile, + Virgin Home Phon
Rob King will become famous soon enoughRob King will become famous soon enoughRob King will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by love Virgin2013 View Post
Wished i had waited till now to get mine as got V6 when it came out and paying £50 for it.
just installed my daughters V6 box they charging her £20 fee and £5 a month v6 rental she is one the Mix Tv Package too
Rob King is offline   Reply With Quote