Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The Xbox One Thread

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion > Microsoft Games Systems
Register FAQ Community Calendar

The Xbox One Thread

Old 25-09-2015, 10:10   #2956
Martin_D
cf.geek

Services: YouFibre | Lebara Sim x 2| Plex
Martin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to behold
Re: The Xbox One Thread

(Now Live) Xbox.com Now Lets You Listen to Voice Messages

You can now listen to voice messages through Xbox.com. Simply click on the voice message and it will play. It doesn't look like you can send voice messages, but you can now listen to them at your desktop.
Martin_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 27-09-2015, 18:59   #2957
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Dee 11 View Post
(Now Live) Xbox.com Now Lets You Listen to Voice Messages

You can now listen to voice messages through Xbox.com. Simply click on the voice message and it will play. It doesn't look like you can send voice messages, but you can now listen to them at your desktop.
Hopefully the app will be next.
Old 04-10-2015, 12:40   #2958
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Well i turned on the Xbox at midday and it looks like i have a 1156MBish update to do, i have to do it or i get to stay offline it says, so i am guessing this is the new dash, so i am hoping it doesn't break the TV integration and Elite Dangerous!

---------- Post added at 12:08 ---------- Previous post was at 11:52 ----------

Taking agesssssssssssss to update, just hoping it haven't rendered the Xbox useless!

---------- Post added at 12:40 ---------- Previous post was at 12:08 ----------

Well it is a disaster so far i can't sign in.
Old 04-10-2015, 13:06   #2959
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon

Damn, making me scared about turning mine on later. Might boot it up now if it takes that long to update it.
MalteseFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 15:23   #2960
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Think it took about 20mins or so to update after it had downloaded.

Got signin to work by doing a hard reset(holding power button down for several seconds) then it signed in.

I will test the following again to see how it works the next time but for now.

What works
1. I needed to enter my wireless password after the update.
2. Elite Dangerous tested once and loaded and plays fine.
3. Call of Duty Advance Warfare loaded and played fine.
4. TV works the same as before no stutter.

What is NOT working
Having serious issues playing MKV content through the media player, it stutters like crazy but an MP4 movie played fine, and i can only try and watch those 2 as they're the only content appearing on Media player, will investigate further! Really not happy about this as it is a nail in the coffin if i can't get that to work on this update, not even sure if it is a known issue.

---------- Post added at 15:23 ---------- Previous post was at 13:32 ----------

Uninstalled and reinstalled the Media Player app, rebooted the TMS server and the SH2ac and it still doesn't work, it doesn't even see any folders now.
Old 04-10-2015, 16:54   #2961
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Put mine on this morning, but no update yet.

Which is fine as I have been playing a lot of Destiny lately.
Old 04-10-2015, 17:19   #2962
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

The only thing bugging me is the TMS media server not working at all and when it did it couldn't play MKV with out a slowwww stutter, although it is working via USB stick.

Possibly a little judder on live TV but not 100% on that.
Old 04-10-2015, 20:59   #2963
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Actually thinking of restoring the old OS on my Xbox, too many problems!

Just had wireless not working and it told me to send the xbox in for repair! Got it working again after browsing for a fix.

As for TMS media player!!!! it is now saying i need to allow access to the folders, no idea how to do that as it looks like everything already has access, just rebooting the server and then i expect it still won't work or the MKVs still won't play.

I recommend anyone that is thinking of signing up for this to not do so at this stage and avoid like the plague.
Old 04-10-2015, 22:03   #2964
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Isn't the public roll out next month?

Surely they'll have to fix all these issues pretty quickly?
Old 04-10-2015, 22:24   #2965
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Isn't the public roll out next month?

Surely they'll have to fix all these issues pretty quickly?
If it is next month it will be a disaster, i hope it isn't for a long time.

I have managed to get some access to my media folders on the TMS server by messing with the server settings, not really sure what i did though, and i appear to be able to play a fair few MKV files smoothly but there is also loads that won't play and they all played fine before!

---------- Post added at 22:23 ---------- Previous post was at 22:19 ----------

Yes it is next month the roll out and i am shocked with the short time frame and all the problems, this maybe the Xbox One problems all over again just like when it was released.

http://news.xbox.com/2015/09/xbox-on...update-preview

---------- Post added at 22:24 ---------- Previous post was at 22:23 ----------

Never really used the One Guide on the old OS but i am loving how quickly and graphically it is to see what is on and flip through channels, this may make me look again at ditching regular TV.
Old 05-10-2015, 13:02   #2966
v0id
[CENSORED]

Services: Virginmedia - BB:250 TV:Mix TiVo v6 Phone:Talk Weekends w/anon reject
v0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appeal
v0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appeal

I had to switch the language to US English

I also seem to have lost just shy of 20Gb of space since it installed. Is the updated OS REALLY that large?

v0id is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 15:00   #2967
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by v0id View Post
I had to switch the language to US English

I also seem to have lost just shy of 20Gb of space since it installed. Is the updated OS REALLY that large?
Why did you have to switch to the US?

No idea how much space mine used up as i also have a 2TB external drive.
Old 05-10-2015, 21:25   #2968
v0id
[CENSORED]

Services: Virginmedia - BB:250 TV:Mix TiVo v6 Phone:Talk Weekends w/anon reject
v0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appeal
v0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
Why did you have to switch to the US.
Menu was all gobbledygook, letters had been replaced with symbols.
Menu on the guide was partly cut off too when expanded.

v0id is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 21:51   #2969
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by v0id View Post
Menu was all gobbledygook, letters had been replaced with symbols.
Menu on the guide was partly cut off too when expanded.
The only menues for me with that gobbledygook was the sign in menu so I could live with that as I knew it would be fixed.

---------- Post added at 21:51 ---------- Previous post was at 21:49 ----------

Still annoyed with random MKVs not playing properly, if it wasn't for that I would be reasonably happy with the new dash.
Old 06-10-2015, 09:18   #2970
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

The next batch of new dashboard previewers should be getting it sometime today.