Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The Xbox One Thread

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion > Microsoft Games Systems
Register FAQ Community Calendar

The Xbox One Thread

Old 11-12-2013, 09:51   #1606
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
Re: The Xbox One Thread

Mine has now also updating after turning it off again.
Old 11-12-2013, 11:58   #1607
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Rather than reducing digital prices MS have increased some prices from £44.99 to £49.99! Not a good sign at all, we would have to be a mug to buy digital games!

Forza 5, Ryse and Dead Rising 3 all increased.
Old 11-12-2013, 12:04   #1608
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

Oops i was meant to say hasnt updated but oh well i guess they are now rolling update out so ill check mine in morning and see if its done. I have read the details of the update and i wonder if it fixes the Hz issue.

I agree its silly of MS to increase the prices
nstokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 12:14   #1609
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstokes View Post
Oops i was meant to say hasnt updated but oh well i guess they are now rolling update out so ill check mine in morning and see if its done. I have read the details of the update and i wonder if it fixes the Hz issue.

I agree its silly of MS to increase the prices
Make sure your console is set to 'instant on' then power it off, wait a few mins then turn on using the power button on the front of the console, it worked for me.
Old 11-12-2013, 12:27   #1610
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
Make sure your console is set to 'instant on' then power it off, wait a few mins then turn on using the power button on the front of the console, it worked for me.
Thast what i did this morning before i left for work so ill check tomorrow morning
Old 11-12-2013, 17:37   #1611
nstokes
Inactive

Has the update inproved it in anyway way do people think? Impressions on the update and the process
Old 11-12-2013, 19:25   #1612
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

I've just updated mine.

As I use Energy Saving mode, I had to first set it to use Instant On instead, as consoles set to Energy Saving mode do not get updates until they become mandatory (which for this one is tomorrow morning).

Once I shut it down after setting it to Instant On, the power light on the front of the console flashed for a couple of minutes as it downloaded the update, before the whole thing then fully powered down in the same way as when using Energy Saving mode (Kinect off totally, amber light on the PSU).

I then turned it back on, and it applied the update.

Fairly smooth, but I've not used it enough since to be able to notice any differences in the system - I just changed it back to Energy Saving and turned it back off.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 21:30   #1613
MadGamer
Eva Longoria Fan

Services: Sky multiroom (Sky Q) Sky Fibre Unlimited Sky Landline
MadGamer has a nice shiny star
MadGamer has a nice shiny starMadGamer has a nice shiny star

I've set mine to turn off so it can update, console is still running, nothing on the TV, but kinect keeps going on and off. Hope I haven't bricked it. Scratch that, it's up and running, but I haven't got the update
MadGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 21:50   #1614
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

You have to set it to instant on then turn it off with voice, wait a few mins then turn it on again using the button on the console.
Old 11-12-2013, 22:13   #1615
MadGamer
Eva Longoria Fan

Ok I'll try that. On another note the consoles fan seems rather loud. I take it this isn't normal
Old 11-12-2013, 22:38   #1616
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadGamer View Post
Ok I'll try that. On another note the consoles fan seems rather loud. I take it this isn't normal
All i can say is my console is silent, so there maybe something wrong.
Old 11-12-2013, 22:49   #1617
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

You don't need to turn it off with voice, you can just use the controller in the exact same way as with a 360.

Make sure it is set to Instant On and not Energy Saving.

Turn it off.

The power supply light will stay white. Shortly after you turn the console off it should start downloading the update. You will know this is happening because of the Xbox button on the front of the console flashing white.

Once the download has finished and the front button has stopped flashing, the console will fully shut itself down and the power supply light will go from white to amber.

At this point, you can then turn it back on using the controller or the front button, and wait for the update to be applied... there will be a progress bar, and after that it will be a standard slow boot like when turning it on from Energy Saving mode. It takes a few minutes, so don't worry.

Wayne, are you sure it is the console that is loud and not the power supply?
Old 11-12-2013, 22:54   #1618
MadGamer
Eva Longoria Fan

Nope it's the console, been on to the chat, and they've suggested a replacement
Old 11-12-2013, 23:00   #1619
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadGamer View Post
Nope it's the console, been on to the chat, and they've suggested a replacement
Get it replaced as mine really is silent when playing games and watching TV.
Old 11-12-2013, 23:00   #1620
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Oh dear

I hope you have the money for the advance replacement programme, otherwise you'll have to send yours off to Prague first and then wait for a replacement to be sent to you once they receive the original. You don't need to spend money for the advance replacement, but you need enough available money on a card for them to place a temporary "hold" for the cost of the replacement, to prevent you just keeping both consoles. Once they get the original back, they remove the "hold".

An alternative would be to get a replacement (or refund) from the retailer, using your statutory rights as a consumer under the Sale of Goods Act 1979 (as amended). But the problem with that is that the retailer probably won't have stock for a replacement!