Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Electronic Cigarettes should i or shouldn't i ?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle

Electronic Cigarettes should i or shouldn't i ?

Old 29-11-2012, 20:32   #31
RizzyKing

Re: Electronic Cigarettes should i or shouldn't i ?

No i used a 15% discount code missed the extrs 5% though i am happy with the pice i paid i will definately report back on how i find them having smoked for nearly 32 years i am curious about the experience.
Advertisement
Old 29-11-2012, 20:38   #32
danielf
cf.mega poser

danielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden aura
danielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by RizzyKing View Post
No i used a 15% discount code missed the extrs 5% though i am happy with the pice i paid i will definately report back on how i find them having smoked for nearly 32 years i am curious about the experience.
You may find the taste a little odd in first instance, since it's not exactly like smoking. You will probably also find you get some withdrawal symptoms in the first couple of days. Your body is not just addicted to nicotine. There's also a bit of an addiction to other substances in cigarette smoke. These withdrawal symptoms really should only last a few days though. That's assuming you quit fags straight away though. You can also approach it like Dai did, and phase the fags out gradually.
Old 30-11-2012, 08:34   #33
RizzyKing

Right now i am just witing for the kit to show up and sort of go from there no real set in stone plan if you see what i mean i do think it is probably my best shot at knocking the ciggies on the head longterm though.
Old 30-11-2012, 10:48   #34
alferret
cf.mega poster

Services: There is no destination to life, the journey is everything!
alferret has a nice shiny star
alferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny star

My wife started vaping at the beginning of the year and for someone who couldn't go without a dirty stinking cig its worked out quite well.
She has gone from a 20 a day habit to £30pm on e-cigarettes. Even the smell of a fag makes her feel ill now.

The question is cartridge or refillable tank?
She buys hers from smokers angel ( http://www.thesmokersangel.co.uk ) as a disposable cartridge, makes it slightly more expensive but it's easy, unscrew the old one screw in the new one, job done.
They really are a great way to help people stop smoking.
alferret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 09:52   #35
Gary L
cf.mega poster

Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star
Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star

Stuff came this morning. realy nice bit of kit. no bigger than a normal ciggy but bigger than a rolly.
got it all on charge at the moment, but I tried it out. and I feel dizzy now.

I'm using the 18mg carts. do you think I needed the lesser strength?

I'll go and have a lie down whilst you think about it.
Gary L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 12:41   #36
danielf
cf.mega poser

danielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden aura

Assuming you're not taking the ****: It is possible to OD on nicotine, and dizziness is one of the symptoms. Then again: I find it hard to believe you were able to OD from a 'trying out' session.

Should you be serious try taking fewer puffs, or lower nicotine strength.
Old 01-12-2012, 14:00   #37
Gary L
cf.mega poster

Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star

I'm not taking the pee. I got the 18mg thinking that was the equivalent to what I've been smoking.
I'm ok now though.

And listen to this!
I haven't had a fag or a ciggy for 5 hours!!
Old 01-12-2012, 14:05   #38
danielf
cf.mega poser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary L View Post
I'm not taking the pee. I got the 18mg thinking that was the equivalent to what I've been smoking.
I'm ok now though.
Ah. Good. Just be sensible and listen to your body. You'll get the hang of it soon enough.

Quote:
And listen to this!
Yay!!!!

(I haven't had one for nearly four months )
Old 01-12-2012, 14:10   #39
Gary L
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielf View Post
Ah. Good. Just be sensible and listen to your body. You'll get the hang of it soon enough.
I might lower the strength to 9mg as I'm getting light headed still. and I'm just going to get addicted to nicotine at this rate

Quote:
Yay!!!!

(I haven't had one for nearly four months )
The big test is after the man and woman sexercise. do I go for my gadget, or the real thing?

I'll let you know in a few weeks hopefully
Old 01-12-2012, 14:23   #40
RizzyKing

Like Gary my kit turned up this morning and i havn't had a rolly since 08:30 so far for me working very well and surprisingly the smoking experience for me is almost exactly llike rollies so very happy and hopeful. Gary try taking shorter drags on it as my first drag was a long one and the effect was very strong so shorter is better i think with these maybe the nicotine intake is higher with these then we were used to with the rolllies m8. As for my kit if i had to be picky i would say the usb charging lead is very short and ordering a usb mains extra only got me a plug not an additional cable as i was hoping. Wife also got her skycig kit today and the main difference between ours is my ecig is a littlle longer and fatter though her charging case looks better then mine but in my kit i also got two llittle business type cards to give to people if they confused it for real smoking telling them all about ecigs which i thought was a nice little touch.

I would definately say the jac vapour kits are better suited to heavier smokers going on to this with the skycig being better for lighter smokers. All that said it has been less then a day so far so willl update anything relevent as i become aware of it.
Old 01-12-2012, 14:26   #41
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary L View Post
I'm ok now though.

And listen to this!
I hope you manage to stick with it and stay quit!
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 14:27   #42
Jimmy-J
as common as muck

Jimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze array
Jimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze array

I wish these were available when I was giving up, about 11 or so years ago now. Good luck, you'll get there in the end, if it's what you really want.

Jimmy-J is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 14:29   #43
Gary L
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RizzyKing View Post
Gary try taking shorter drags on it as my first drag was a long one and the effect was very strong so shorter is better i think with these maybe the nicotine intake is higher with these then we were used to with the rolllies m8.
With me I'm not getting the throat hit I want or expected. so I'm taking 2 drags at once to make up for it.
the mg intake might be too high. I always use filters as well when I smoke rollies.

Quote:
As for my kit if i had to be picky i would say the usb charging lead is very short and ordering a usb mains extra only got me a plug not an additional cable as i was hoping.
The USB cable is just a standard cable you get with sat navs and everything.
I bought the extra little charger thing where you screw the battery in the end of it.

which kit did tyou get?
Old 01-12-2012, 19:37   #44
RizzyKing

http://www.jacvapour.com/Sport_and_V...arter_kit.html Thats the one i got happy with it and it's doing the job no rollups today .
Old 01-12-2012, 20:30   #45
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Do we need to change your forum user name?
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote