Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Blackberry/Virgin Mobile help!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Blackberry/Virgin Mobile help!

Old 17-03-2011, 10:41   #1
sczoo19
Inactive

Services: Broadband, Forums
sczoo19 is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Blackberry/Virgin Mobile help!

Hey everyone I am in need of desperate help so if anyone can will be great, ill explain, Basically I was within my 14days of opening a Virgin contract I didn't like the phone they sent me (Blackberry Pearl 3G) so I asked to exchange which they did, this morning I woke up and found out that my dog had completely savaged the phone and it looks beyond repair the screen is coming off there's bite marks all over it the back cover wont come off the screen won't turn on, looks terrible! now when the courier came to hand me the new phone (blackberry torch, which was in perfect nick!) I explained what had happened to the courier man and showed him what I meant but he still said he would take the phone, I called up Virgin Media and they didn't know what to do and said I would get a callback but they suggested that they send the broken one back out to me and I give them the new one, is there anywhere I stand on this as they did actually intercept the goods?

Help would be much appreciated, many thanks
sczoo19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 17-03-2011, 10:43   #2
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
Re: Blackberry/Virgin media help!

Did you get the free 30day insurance with the phone?
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2011, 10:45   #3
sczoo19
Inactive

I did yes, I asked the lady on the phone not sure if she put it through but I did ask
Old 17-03-2011, 11:07   #4
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Thread moved to correct section.
Old 17-03-2011, 11:47   #5
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze age
RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age
Re: Blackberry/Virgin Mobile help!

There is no doubt that you are responsible for the replacement cost of the phone, either out of your own pocket or by claiming against any insurance policy which you may have which provides cover.
RobboEdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2011, 13:54   #6
weesteev
Cable Guru

Services: Virgin Media Gig1 RFOG, TV360, Stream, GoFibre 1Gb
weesteev has reached the bronze age
weesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze age

Your dog... ate your phone...

That's brilliant

Access Network Innovation @ Liberty Global/Virgin Media

All comments are my own opinion and not a direct expression of LG/VM.
weesteev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2011, 15:56   #7
sczoo19
Inactive

Hey all thank you for everyone's advice, and yes it does sound far fetched lol but that's what happened!
After being on the phone to VM for hours upon hours and had my new phone blacklisted twice in one day I can now say that everything is sorted
I will need to pay for the old handset which was broken, as they wouldn't accept an insurance claim (why I don't know) least there's an ending to this story though!!