Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | What are you reading?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle
Register FAQ Community Calendar

What are you reading?

Old 04-07-2007, 19:57   #331
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Re: What are you reading?

Quote:
Originally Posted by alferret View Post
Currently reading latest Custom PC and the Graphics card lab test.
I think you need to get out more
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 04-07-2007, 20:15   #332
Cobbydaler
cf.mega poster

Services: ClearFibre Internet, Vodafone mobile Google Pixel 4
Cobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered stars
Cobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered stars

The Interpretation of Murder by Jed Rubenfeld...
Cobbydaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 20:23   #333
Scrubbs
cf.mega poster

Services: phone,BB20meg ,telly
Scrubbs has a bronzed appealScrubbs has a bronzed appeal
Scrubbs has a bronzed appealScrubbs has a bronzed appealScrubbs has a bronzed appealScrubbs has a bronzed appealScrubbs has a bronzed appeal

started re-reading all the discworld novels.
about to start "carpe jugulum" (downstairs) nearly finished "guards guards" (upstairs)
Scrubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 20:34   #334
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

By tonight I'll have finished 'Kingdom Come', the final book in the Left Behind series and this one covers what happens when Satan is released from the Lake of Fire at the end of Christ's thousand-year reign. Excellent end to a fantastic series, more than 50 million sold in series and numerous New York Times best sellers.

And after that I'll be starting on Andy McNab's Recoil.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 20:41   #335
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

Just finished The Man with The Golden Torc by Simon Green.

OO7 Druidic style and introducing Edwin Drood aka as Shaman Bond.

I love Green's wisecracking laconic Chandleresque dialogue.
Old 04-08-2007, 00:56   #336
Angua
10 yrs same company 😁

Services: ? BB, basic phone. Share of Disney+
Angua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny stars
Angua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny stars

Just finished book one of the new Trudi Canavan series "Priestess of the White"... Characters and situations you can believe in.. Will start book 2 "Last of the Wilds" shortly. A new writer worth having a try of if you like this genre of books.

First series "The Black Magicians" trilogy.

---------- Post added at 00:56 ---------- Previous post was at 00:54 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrubbs View Post
about to start "carpe jugulum" (downstairs) nearly finished "guards guards" (upstairs)
Have done that and read them by series too.
Currently reading Strata again (a pre discworld novel)
Angua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 01:04   #337
TheNorm
Inactive

Services: Sky TV, VM TV, 20meg bb, tel, and a lobster (but the lobster died).
TheNorm has a nice shiny star
TheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny star

Finished "The Forever War" by Joe Haldeman. Excellent book. I loved the way the characters and story evolved.
TheNorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 01:45   #338
xpod
Inactive

Services: TV,Phone & BB
xpod has a bronzed appealxpod has a bronzed appeal
xpod has a bronzed appealxpod has a bronzed appealxpod has a bronzed appealxpod has a bronzed appealxpod has a bronzed appealxpod has a bronzed appealxpod has a bronzed appealxpod has a bronzed appealxpod has a bronzed appeal

It`s a few years since i`ve had the chance to read books....not since the latter of my kids came along anyway

I was once an avid reader but the only books i`ve really been reading for the last few years have been bedtime stories & count with mum etc(pops then)
Although my kids range 2 - 14 it was`nt until about 5 years ago i kinda stopped reading myself.Just never found the time for books once the family started getting bigger & the hours got longer(average for our families mind you)

Fortunately the last 17 months with computers has gave me cause to be reading again though as i`ve spent lots(and lots and lots the wife would tell you) of that time reading online forums,manuals,guides,howtos,wikis & even the odd man pages...sad i know
I spend a lot of my pc time on Ubuntuforums.org not just learning everything & anything i can cram in but also helping others out with the things i`ve learnt about myself,and of course helping dispell some of the pre-conceived ideas/beliefs & mis-information many arrive there with

My heads actually full of tooooo much information now i think and it probably all needs defragmented a bit so i can at least make sense of some of it.

I`ve sometimes had to stop myself taking a laptop to work in the mornings as i really cant start doing that nonsense.Skiving off up on some roof somewhere,lying in the sun,bitching on CF about the terrible speeds i`m getting on someone elses wireless connection

xpod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 09:12   #339
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNorm View Post
Finished "The Forever War" by Joe Haldeman. Excellent book. I loved the way the characters and story evolved.
TN, may I recommend the prequel (Forever Peace, not involving the same characters), and Forever Free (direct sequel) - the book you just read is where my nom de internet comes from.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 09:14   #340
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

I have just listened to asimovs i robot audiobook....
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 10:01   #341
TheBlueRaja
cf.mega poster

Services: Initiations, rep rigging and orgies!
TheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny star
TheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny star

Potter, for my sins...
TheBlueRaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 10:13   #342
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

Heartbreak and Triumphs by Shawn 'HBK' Michaels - the autobiography of the legendary WWE wrestler.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 14:52   #343
Pia
Inactive

Services: XL Phone XL BB V+ XL TV
Pia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny stars
Pia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny stars
Send a message via MSN to Pia

Heat magazine

Pia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 15:52   #344
Druchii
cf.mega poster

Services: Canal Digital: 50/10
Druchii has a nice shiny star
Druchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny star

Soon to be Harry Potter.
Druchii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 22:56   #345
xpod
Inactive

Services: TV,Phone & BB
xpod has a bronzed appealxpod has a bronzed appeal
xpod has a bronzed appealxpod has a bronzed appealxpod has a bronzed appealxpod has a bronzed appealxpod has a bronzed appealxpod has a bronzed appealxpod has a bronzed appealxpod has a bronzed appealxpod has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
I could never really get into Terry Pratchet myself....
The best fantasy i ever read though,asides from Lord of the Rings was Raymond Feists Magician.....Excellent read.

The sequels were never quite as good but the Magician itself was great.

Quote:
Heat magazine

With my dear wife and a house full of daughters the table often looks like something you`d see round the doctors
xpod is offline   Reply With Quote