Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Plane Spotters Corner

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Plane Spotters Corner

Old 08-03-2013, 23:41   #826
gba93
ofc.founder_member

Services: VIP 60
gba93 has reached the bronze age
gba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze age
Re: Plane Spotters Corner

Quote:
Originally Posted by H0ND0 View Post
Magnifico Post..Thanks.

I've only on one occasion seen a Vulcan in real life flight & that was by accident, my car had broken down about 3 miles from RAF Valley.
Takes me back to the late 50's at Biggin Hill aerodrome and watching a squadron of 9 + 1 taking off - it's a sight and sound I'll never forget.
gba93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 09-03-2013, 11:21   #827
slowcoach
Inactive

Services: VM Phone 152 Meg.
slowcoach has reached the bronze age
slowcoach has reached the bronze ageslowcoach has reached the bronze ageslowcoach has reached the bronze ageslowcoach has reached the bronze ageslowcoach has reached the bronze ageslowcoach has reached the bronze ageslowcoach has reached the bronze ageslowcoach has reached the bronze age

First one I saw was when I was very young, I was playing on the local common and a shadow passed over me, when I looked up there was a Vulcan flying slow at low level, next day it was in the local paper, the Vulcan was doing a flypast over the local AVRO factory as a thank you to the workforce who had made parts of the plane there. I knew what the plane was because I used to collect Turf cigarette cards, we were producing new models of aircraft what seemed like every month back then so it was a very exciting time for a young boy.
Last time I saw one was at the opening of the Manchester Air & Space Museum, again it was a low speed low level pass, incredible how they creep up on you almost silently then as it passes all hell breaks loose, I think every burglar alarm for miles around the museum went off.

My two favourite aircraft of all time are the Vulcan and the English Electric P1, the P1 always looked very futuristic to me. On the way to Blackpool on the A6 there was an English Electric showroom at a busy road junction, a P1 was on display outside in front of the showroom for a number of years.
Happy days....
slowcoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 12:07   #828
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

I did my passing out parade in front of a lightning at Swinderby back in 1990. As for the vulcan used to see it at Finningley and also Barton (manchester) at the airshows along with classics like the Mosquito before it crashed.
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 18:47   #829
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star

I suspect some forum members will crank up the volume and watch this clip on loop:

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/taf.par...0yeovilton.avi
Taf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 20:30   #830
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

Looks like he got that approach wrong..
Old 10-03-2013, 20:38   #831
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kymmy View Post
I did my passing out parade in front of a lightning at Swinderby back in 1990. As for the vulcan used to see it at Finningley and also Barton (manchester) at the airshows along with classics like the Mosquito before it crashed.
Get some in...

I passed out at Swinders 1974, and the fly past was five Phantoms at low level, and when I was Digby afterwards, we could see Vulcans take off from Waddington when we drove to/from Lincoln.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 21:55   #832
Kymmy
Inactive

E/A-6 crash in the US

http://www.stripes.com/news/us/sheri...-wash-1.211359
Old 12-03-2013, 21:22   #833
Cobbydaler
cf.mega poster

Services: ClearFibre Internet, Vodafone mobile Google Pixel 4
Cobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered stars
Cobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered stars

C130 doing unarrested carrier landing plus unassisted take off (not shown)...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ar-poc38C84
Cobbydaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2013, 10:51   #834
Cobbydaler
cf.mega poster

Cobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered stars
Cobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered stars

Plane vortex rips holes in house roof

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-berkshire-21904501
Old 25-03-2013, 22:20   #835
Cobbydaler
cf.mega poster

787 goes on test flight...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-21932955
Old 31-03-2013, 19:02   #836
Cobbydaler
cf.mega poster

Virgin's Little Red service has started from Manchester

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...ester-21987433

Love the name of the plane...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Queen of the Cobbles.jpg (576.7 KB, 12 views)
Old 13-04-2013, 14:52   #837
Kymmy
Inactive

Another water landing, this time a 737 off the coast of Bali as it overshot the runway

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-22134380
Old 13-04-2013, 18:04   #838
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

Only 2 months old.

http://aviation-safety.net/database/...?id=20130413-0
Old 13-04-2013, 18:27   #839
Cobbydaler
cf.mega poster

Video

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-22134182
Old 13-04-2013, 18:30   #840
Halcyon
Hello !

Services: Sky, AppleTV, Netflix
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars

Such a new plane! Will end up being scrapped.

Thankgoodness no one died.

I find the 737 a very reliable plane.

Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote